"Tournament Mode" Faces...

Junglist

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What's your facial reaction before/during/after entering a BJJ tournament?

I havent entered a tournament myself yet but I think this is what my reaction would be before I step into my first match.

200509100456_scared-baby.jpg

YOUR TURN!

Ear to ear smile like a child at disneyland before match (to mask my nervousness), stone cold face during (just concentrating, not trying to be intimidating), shit eating grin after wards (combination of being gassed and happy to have finished a match).

Ear to ear smile like a child at disneyland before match (to mask my nervousness), stone cold face during (just concentrating, not trying to be intimidating), shit eating grin after wards (combination of being gassed and happy to have finished a match).

please use pics to describe your feelings.

Normal. And I even say 'hi' to the other competitors in my division.

I'm at peace when I compete. I always wish my opponents good luck. I am out there to have a good time. Every time I step on the mats at a tournament my last thought is "respect is earned in the gym, competition is just for fun"

I am normally peaceful looking. But someone took this pic at The Pan this year.

img_3724.jpg

My mouthpiece is in which makes me look weird.

This is my, "I am trying to choke you to death" face.

img_3697.jpg

Last edited:
I have the eyesight of a mole so I probably look very confused/zoned out as I don't really know what I am looking at

In my mind I have a Fedor stare

I probably look like a death sentenced... even if I try to keep my cool :icon_neut

Apparently, I have a "look" that some people find intimidating. It is actually because I cannot see anything far away without my glasses (like 20/200 vision.)

If it intimidates people, great. I am usually sort of terrified going in.

I do have a little thing where I walk around to the far side of the mat from my opponent, take off my glasses and flipflops and bow onto the mat. When I get on the mat, I think of my daughter as a way to relax and focus my mind. She gets all my medals as "necklaces" for dressup. She always asks me to bring her home a new one.

In my head I look like Roger at the beginning of this video.

YouTube - Roger Gracie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back