Tournament Announcement - Long Island Pride 10!!!

Awesome. I will be there competing for sure (first tournament as a purple belt), as will a number of guys from my school (Budokan Martial Arts / Renzo Gracie Valley Stream).

nice - Congratulations on the recent promotion SuperSuperRambo

I just signed up todaay to save a few bucks - I always wait and pay a premium for some reason

This is at York college again?

Actually they changed the venue for the last event whish was no-gi:

Cuny York College:‎
9420 Guy R Brewer Boulevard
Jamaica, NY 11451-0002

Still in Queens though

Masters>Medium Heavy>Blue

you?

Ah, okay so I don't think anyone from my school will be in your division, that's why I was asking.

I'm going to do Adult purple, but I haven't decided on Feather or Super Feather yet. I'm in the Feather range, but on the lower end, and debating whether it's worth it to lose weight to make the lower one.

Ah, okay so I don't think anyone from my school will be in your division, that's why I was asking.

I'm going to do Adult purple, but I haven't decided on Feather or Super Feather yet. I'm in the Feather range, but on the lower end, and debating whether it's worth it to lose weight to make the lower one.

I tend to come in the lower half of my weigh class too - I'm just to lazy to cut the extra weight to drop to the lower weight class.

Either way - I hope to meet you at the tourny

Wow it's like 5-10 min from my house. Too bad I don't have the time to get in shape for it and train.

Wow it's like 5-10 min from my house. Too bad I don't have the time to get in shape for it and train.

c'mon man!!! it's September 12th!!! You could prepare for the mundials in the amout of time you have.

How could you miss one so close?

I'll put this one on my calender, I'm not sure though, because I am in the process of changing weight classes maybe, but I will consider it.

The last LI Pride was a nightmare!!

Their last tourney was VERY small, I think we had 9 people compete and NOT ONE of them had more than 2 matches to win gold! I understand its not a GQ or NAGA but they charge over $100. 1-2 matches is not worth $125

Also the refs were GOD AWFUL and BIASED! I have never seen more biased reffing in my life! Some of the refs are reffing matches with thier OWN students. How is that even allowed?

Guys on my team got position on thier opponents and werent given points (Im talking like took the back with hooks in and NOTHING, sweep and mount but not given points for both)
At one point we had to start literally counting outloud, 1-2-3-4-5-6... in order to make it blindly obvious that our guy should be getting points (and it should only be 3 seconds) It was the worst reffing I have ever seen at a tourney!!

The superfight was scheduled to be an 8 minute match but then one of the competitors decided he didnt want to do 8 minutes anymore (these are black belts btw...doing a 6 minute superfight, really?) so they cut it to 6 mintues....oh but they forgot to tell the other competitor! lol So his coach had 2 minutes left on the clock and they threw the timer in.

So anyway....I was not a fan of how they ran the last tourney! BEWARE SHADY JUDGING!!! Refs should NEVER be allowed to be in control of thier OWN students matches, or even anyone from the same affliation!!

These guys need to hire OUTSIDE judging, and until they do so I know we have intentions of competing in this tourney again.

LI Pride is not a federation tourney....sorry but LI Pride (when the divisions are so small and you MIGHT get 2 matches) is not worth $125! ($88 early reg, but still....$125??)

My last minor complaint is that the LONG ISLAND Pride is being held in Queens now? ::scratching head:: I wouldn't mind that so much IF it was pulling in more competitors from NYC, NJ, PA etc but its not.

Sorry to sound bitchy but I have such a bad taste in my mouth with LI Pride. 2 years ago when it was held in Suffolk County in Patchogue it was a much much much better tourney, there were great superfights tournies.......I have NOOOOOO clue what happened to this tourney!?!?!

Their last tourney was VERY small, I think we had 9 people compete and NOT ONE of them had more than 2 matches to win gold! I understand its not a GQ or NAGA but they charge over $100. 1-2 matches is not worth $125

Also the refs were GOD AWFUL and BIASED! I have never seen more biased reffing in my life! Some of the refs are reffing matches with thier OWN students. How is that even allowed?

Guys on my team got position on thier opponents and werent given points (Im talking like took the back with hooks in and NOTHING, sweep and mount but not given points for both)
At one point we had to start literally counting outloud, 1-2-3-4-5-6... in order to make it blindly obvious that our guy should be getting points (and it should only be 3 seconds) It was the worst reffing I have ever seen at a tourney!!

The superfight was scheduled to be an 8 minute match but then one of the competitors decided he didnt want to do 8 minutes anymore (these are black belts btw...doing a 6 minute superfight, really?) so they cut it to 6 mintues....oh but they forgot to tell the other competitor! lol So his coach had 2 minutes left on the clock and they threw the timer in.

So anyway....I was not a fan of how they ran the last tourney! BEWARE SHADY JUDGING!!! Refs should NEVER be allowed to be in control of thier OWN students matches, or even anyone from the same affliation!!

These guys need to hire OUTSIDE judging, and until they do so I know we have intentions of competing in this tourney again.

LI Pride is not a federation tourney....sorry but LI Pride (when the divisions are so small and you MIGHT get 2 matches) is not worth $125! ($88 early reg, but still....$125??)

My last minor complaint is that the LONG ISLAND Pride is being held in Queens now? ::scratching head:: I wouldn't mind that so much IF it was pulling in more competitors from NYC, NJ, PA etc but its not.

Sorry to sound bitchy but I have such a bad taste in my mouth with LI Pride. 2 years ago when it was held in Suffolk County in Patchogue it was a much much much better tourney, there were great superfights tournies.......I have NOOOOOO clue what happened to this tourney!?!?!

I believe the last tournament was no gi and occured a week before or after mundails. This tournament will be much better and match the one they had in March.

The reffing thing is unfortunate but that is the case at a lot of tournaments, not just li pride. Look at the ibjjf tourns, the majority of the refs and all the employees at the tournaments are gracie barra. Aside from that long island pride puts on some of the best superfight divisions than any tournament including the big ones. They have had names like lucas lepri, cyborg, abmar barbosa, renan borges, hermes franca, tio chico, guybson sa. Etc..

And the superfights are always 6 mins at li pride as they are at grapplers quest also. I agree that they should be longer but that is what they are

That reffing thing is a major turn off, Ill punch a dude in the face if he wants to cheat me out of my money, because I am fighting one of his students black belt or not. Nothing makes a tournament worse then bad/biased reffing.

There is a pretty good chance that I will be up from Nashville that weekend. Hopefully I can make it!

Back