Toughman help?

Whoa! I didn't realise that there is Toughman in the States! And I though the Northern Terrirory Toughman was original. A few years ago it was all against all, but now they split it into weight divsions. So that the little people would have a chance.
Has anyone here fought in any, or has a friend that did? How did you/they prepare for it?

Never fought in one, never been mates with anyone who has fought in one.

However, you have given yourself a good amount of time to get ready. I don't know how serious your training is in boxing at the moment but I'm sure you realise that sparring and skills training are needed.

I have heard numerous times that the best training is boxing/kickboxing basics, and cardio. Many guys come out with little 'ring' experience, only street experience and go wild. Then find themselves gassed after 90 seconds of wild trading.

Often I think many of the competitors are big hitters and not all of them are dangerously skilled.

My advice would be a good cardio program. If it was me, I'd consider the guerilla cardio sprints program. If you didn't want to do them, then try interval training, maybe 400m running etc. I'd also look into 1-2 longer runs a week as well.

See if some of the other guys agree with this. Its certainly what I would do if it was me.

Back