Toughest dog breed P4P?

I'm not sure about german shepherds. I have a huge german shepherd (he's so big and furry and has a huge head, he's actually been mistaken for a bear once by an old lady) named Tyson. He's named ironically because he's the biggest softie i've ever seen. Such a pussie around other dogs too, dogs less than half his size have made him cry just by growling at him.

The Wolfdog
wolfdog2dnr-wi-gov.jpg

Caucasian Shepherd
caucasian-shepherd-dog-attack-t5132ppo.jpg

Bull Terrier

Not the smartest dogs, my uncle used to have one, he bit his own tail off and bled to death
bull-terrier.png

I've always thought German Shepards were one of the toughest dogs

Well I do think if we made them both the same size, it'd might be a a crapshoot. It's the terrier blood that makes pits so scrappy. I've never had a JRT. so I can't honestly say how their p4p strength stacks up to pits, who get it from the bulldog blood.

No way would JRT compare to APBT for this reason. Hunting yes, agility probably, strength no.

Bostons aren't even on the radar.

The only breed I can think of which is comparable to APBT is the American Bulldog p4p they are very close.

Dogo Argentino is a great dog too. They hunt large predators, but still are not up to par with APBT.

Pit Bulls are inbred pieces of shit.

I agree about the schnauzer if we are talking P4P. Obviously there are tougher dogs but they are all 4-8 times bigger than the schnauzer. A schnauzer will physically hold his own wrestling (ie no biting and intent to kill) with a 80-100 pound dog and they usually weigh about 20-25 pounds. They are ballsy as fuck too. I saw a video on youtube once of a schnauzer chasing a full grown grizzly bear away from his family's camp site. Right on his heels for about an eighth of a mile.

They are actually one of the more common breeds used in Schutzhund training.

ive seen a golden fuck shit up at the dog park when two boxers wouldnt stop nipping, the golden yelped and tried to hide under a bench, then when they wouldnt stop, it went ape shit, held one down while biting the other

i'd say chihuahuas. they bark and bite, but if you take a hard step at them, they pussy out and run. more than once, theyve nipped at my heels and i lunged to make them flinch, only to find a puddle of piss where they were standing

That's why I was reluctant to write them off. I've had a lot of retrievers growing up and while none of them were fighters, they all had pain tolerance through the roof. I guess if you push them hard enough, the tough guy comes out.

I used to have a chihuahua and that fucker was tough and mean. He'd bite me, I'd try to physically restrain him, and he'd just keep biting me.

My Tekkel outgrew his maximum weight. He was 25lbs of pure muscle. Shredded, huge head, huge teeth. Once he scathered a boxer away when he felt the boxer was threatening me at the park.
at 50lbs he'd destroy a T-rex. Btw his name was Braddock. Remember Braddock.

When it comes to willingness to throw down few breads can touch pugs
WPTV-Pug-Picks-Fight_1394116618464_3309396_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

When it comes to willingness to throw down few breads can touch pugs
WPTV-Pug-Picks-Fight_1394116618464_3309396_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Damn right. My pug is fearless, and she is small even for a pug.

She has taken on a pitbull, german shepard, lab retriever and regularly defends our house from the dreaded mailman. She has also maid hilarious failed attempts at catching and chasing birds. I still laugh remembering when she charged that pitbull and the pit looked scared, poor thing was just raised well. (and I am glad)

I will say I never realized that pugs can be that athletic, holy crap she can sprint and she can jump. My parents had to re-rig their fence because my pug would jump, and then climb it like it was nothing. I think she just hangs around my cats too much and is being taught the art of cat agility.

I had a Doberman/Lab mix once that tore a game pit bull up in a fight.

How do you know it was game bred? The whole point is they have been specifically bred to not give up, which seems to be the opposite of your story.

Chow Chow's always bring the absolutely bat shit crazy to table; which does count for something.

It's apbt no doubt.

Jack Russels and Patterdale terriers are about as aggressive as a dog can get but that has a lot to do with their bull terrier ancestry. It's like saying would a overgrown APBT be better than an APBT if they kept their energy?

Still a big pissed off chow mutt is scarier IMO.

my stepmom had a chow/rot mix. the dog was red as hell, and meaner than hornets.

dogo argentino... bad ass breed, tough as shit too.

dogoargentino_zps77b9befd.jpg

there is a cool story online on how 1 saved 2 little girls from a mountain lion, killed the cougar but died from the injuries too. bad ass story.

Back