Total Failure/Request for advice..

Foulsmeller said:
BTW-- Its not like Army PT is that much tougher, at least not the APFT.

How often are your tests?

Wouldn't it be great if the military also tested everyone on the big 3 and incorporated that score with the push-up sit-up bullshit.

or better yet, strong man events using various military apparatus.

Espo said:
Wouldn't it be great if the military also tested everyone on the big 3 and incorporated that score with the push-up sit-up bullshit.

Yes.

I'm tested about once every 2 months. Oddly I dont have another test until April 06. After april I'll have a test every other month until next Oct.
My unit is scheduled to deploy in Oct 06.

Cmart said:
Passing the Navy PRT is a joke. Passing the next one with the outstanding high standard for my age (will be 37) is a goal for me though.

76 pushups
95 situps
1.5 mile run in 9:25

The run's going to be the toughest. I'll actually feel in pretty decent shape when I pull this off.

Oh, and I'm still pretty strong, too.

what the hell ? i can do the situps no prob (hit 80 in 1 min at a physical assesment yesterday) but i dont think i can do the pushups unless i stop and rest in between. is that allowed? 50 pushups in 1 min and then a few seconds off while the clock is ticking then another 26 ?

parallax86 said:
what the hell ? i can do the situps no prob (hit 80 in 1 min at a physical assesment yesterday) but i dont think i can do the pushups unless i stop and rest in between. is that allowed? 50 pushups in 1 min and then a few seconds off while the clock is ticking then another 26 ?

You can "rest", meaning you can stay in the pushup "up" position. You cannot drop to the deck and rest or stand up and shake out your arms, or anything like that. So it's basically how many you can do in a row.

Back