Crime Toronto: Police Shoot 60 year old Schitzophrenic man

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5621243

ejaz-ahmed-choudry-62-was-shot-and-killed-by-police-in-mississauga.jpg

He had no gun police admit. Just ranting and raving.

Police just kick in the door and start blasting him

interesting they say “Drop the Gun!!!!” When there’s no gun

T dot cops suck what else do you want us to say here?

That doesn't look like a wellness check, so I'd like to know what they were actually called in for, before jumping to any conclusions.

That doesn't look like a wellness check, so I'd like to know what they were actually called in for, before jumping to any conclusions.

I read the family called to say dad was freaking out and attacking them and was mentally ill.

in hindsight probably not best to get the police involved.

I read the family called to say dad was freaking out and attacking them and was mentally ill.

and he could of had something in his hands that resembled a gun ?

It’s already easy looking
At these situations in hindsight with your slow motion but a lot of
These life and death split second situations

people need to take individual responsibility in not having to put police officers in the position to have to make these decisions

is don’t wrestle with steal a taser and and point it at a cop too much to ask for ?

and he could of had something in his hands that resembled a gun ?

It’s already easy looking
At these situations in hindsight with your slow motion but a lot of
These life and death split second situations

people need to take individual responsibility in not having to put police officers in the position to have to make these decisions

is don’t wrestle with steal a taser and and point it at a cop too much to ask for ?

Don’t see how a 62 year old brown man has anythung to do with the Atlanta guy

in hindsight the cops have serious mental and behavioral problems themselves and some capably training and armed cops could have gotten him out without making an international news story over a dude having a fit.

Yep don't call cops if it's a mentally ill person who isn't really a danger...They can escalate shit to a point where it doesn't have to.

IRL I already seen cops fuck this up, on top of seeing them regularly fucking this up on the news.

The victim's brother, Rafaquat Ali Choudry, along with nephew Muhammed Choudry, pleaded with police to let a family member go up to the unit to speak with the man.

Rafaquat said his brother didn't speak any English and was afraid of police — his condition made him paranoid.

"Let me go upstairs, let my dad go upstairs, let my brother go upstairs," he recalls asking police.

"Because we've done this before where he listens. He listens to us."

At this point, Shahzad said officers were trying to break the door open, while he was begging them not to hurt his uncle.

"He's so frail that even a tackle I was afraid was going to kill him," he said.

As that was going on, Shahzad said officers came in from the balcony and shot his uncle.

Scary when people have this kind of power over others yet they have such poor decision making abilities

A lot Schizophrenic's belong in long-term mental health facilities. Someone who has a history of putting themselves or others in danger or making threats, and won't take their medication regularly, or if the medication doesn't work, is better off in a mental hospital. I wouldn't call the police on someone I cared about if they were suffering from a serious mental health issue or were under the influence of drugs or alcohol because I don't trust them. It's better to handle things yourself if possible, but a lot of problems would be solved by bringing back mental hospitals for people with the most serious mental health issues.

Last edited:
This happened with a 15 year old boy a few years ago close to here. He had a small knife in his house and they shot him from like 20 feet away. They could have retreated, and should have.

The family didn’t even call the cops, it was the paramedics that did after they got there.

“Once paramedics arrived, they saw that the victim had a knife and called police, Shahzad said“

Sounds like they say "drop the knife" repeatedly, but who knows... Why would I judge their actions knowing so little about what happened inside? I can't.

Sometimes people have unreasonable expectations of police.

Come at police while brandishing a knife? Your Dead.
Go for a cops gun. Dead.
Use your vehicle as a weapon? Dead.

These are reasonable situations to use deadly force regardless of offenders state of mind.

Back