Toronto Lawyer loses fight against Tow Truck mafia- Flees Country

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

They burned her office down last year.

Will Amazon put organized crime out of business someday?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/w5/2020/10/31/1_5167869.html

TORONTO -- Lisa Carr never thought her work would lead to armed threats, a firebombing, a shooting and a conspiracy to kill her.

The Carr Law office is in a nondescript strip mall in Vaughan, Ont., north of Toronto. It’s closed now, after the litigation lawyer says police told her they could no longer protect her.

She was shuttled to another country where she spent five long months in hiding. Carr has never before told her story, but agreed to meet for an interview as part of a W5 investigation into the shady underbelly of an industry that forced her to give up her business and almost cost her, her life: The tow truck industry.

Over the last number of years, criminal elements have been battling for lucrative control of the major highways around the Toronto area. It has resulted in more than 50 arsons, multiple shootings and at least four murders.

So why is there so much violence over a couple of hundred-dollar tows at the side of the road? Because that one tow can net tens of thousands of dollars.

Here’s how it works: The tow truck driver gets a kickback from an unscrupulous auto body shop, which then submits wildly inflated repair fees to an insurance company.

It's cut throat. They'll literally sit on the highways and with a police scanner and wait. Don't get me wrong that's saved my ass before but I really don't like the idea of ambulance chasers

Back