Toronto area cop enters rap battle - vid goes viral

I just want to know the reaction from BLM Toronto, how triggered are they?

coverlazyscranton.jpg

It's kind of weird that this is being celebrated over here. There's your tax dollars hard at work.

You're on the clock you idiot. Your response time to a potential fatal crime could be delayed, because you're in a fucking rap battle.

It's fine, it's called stying in touch with the community and trying to promote less hate or fear of the police.

We need more of this, not less.

It's fine, it's called stying in touch with the community and trying to promote less hate or fear of the police.

We need more of this, not less.

They can reach out in other ways. A cop forgoing her duties to join in on a rap battle isn't going to solve anything.

It's just kind of funny to me that cops are always getting slammed for being unprofessional, and not following protocol, but when they do it in a friendly way, it's celebrated.

In full disclosure though, I'm of the mindset that cops are not out there to make friends. I do believe they should be almost robotic while on duty. It's not like being friendly will change any minds when shit gets real. If this cop ever has to pull her gun on someone and make a split second decision that is frowned upon, she won't be excused by the community because she was in a rap battle. Gang members aren't going to rat out their friends with any more frequency because of this incident. At the end of the day, Cops will still be the bad guys to a lot of these communities, and there isn't any amount of rap battles that will solve that problem.

They can reach out in other ways. A cop forgoing her duties to join in on a rap battle isn't going to solve anything.

It's just kind of funny to me that cops are always getting slammed for being unprofessional, and not following protocol, but when they do it in a friendly way, it's celebrated.

In full disclosure though, I'm of the mindset that cops are not out there to make friends. I do believe they should be almost robotic while on duty. It's not like being friendly will change any minds when shit gets real. If this cop ever has to pull her gun on someone and make a split second decision that is frowned upon, she won't be excused by the community because she was in a rap battle. Gang members aren't going to rat out their friends with any more frequency because of this incident. At the end of the day, Cops will still be the bad guys to a lot of these communities, and there isn't any amount of rap battles that will solve that problem.

Did you watch her interview?

Is this you? :)
1200px-Grant_Wood_-_American_Gothic_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

It's kind of weird that this is being celebrated over here. There's your tax dollars hard at work.

You're on the clock you idiot. Your response time to a potential fatal crime could be delayed, because you're in a fucking rap battle.

Yeah, I mean, it doesn't help when police try to actually build a good relation with the people they are there to serve. Also, having closer relations between cops and the public will not help to solve crime by having a higher rate of police cooperation.

Your post is not totally fucking stupid on all accounts. Your mom is right, you are smart.

Back