Toronto area cop enters rap battle - vid goes viral

CoolB

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
She did pretty good and the crowd loved it.

Jesus, that's tough to listen to. I came in with low expectations and was still disappointed.

I didn't even make it 30 seconds in

Good to see those community relations dollars being put to good use. Gotass?

Well sherdog strikes again. Have heard only positive things about this vid until posting here lol.

She was being paid to work that specific event so it's not a waste of money. Organizers were happy to have her perform and at an event like that it's good for the community.

P.S. youtube cops doing rap battles. I had to sift through a lot of american videos before finding this one.

It's kind of weird that this is being celebrated over here. There's your tax dollars hard at work.

You're on the clock you idiot. Your response time to a potential fatal crime could be delayed, because you're in a fucking rap battle.

It's kind of weird that this is being celebrated over here. There's your tax dollars hard at work.

You're on the clock you idiot. Your response time to a potential fatal crime could be delayed, because you're in a fucking rap battle.
guess you didn't read my last post. She was working as paid security. Not on duty. The organizers were happy to have her participate.

I'd agree with you if she was on duty however.

guess you didn't read my last post. She was working as paid security. Not on duty. The organizers were happy to have her participate.

I'd agree with you if she was on duty however.

If she's paid security, she's still on duty, no? You don't see the cops at Jays games taking batting practice. It's not only unprofessional, but anything can happen at any time, and that's why she's there. She's not there to make friends.

I know I sound like wet blanket, but she was there to do a job. Imagine if something happened that she might've been able to prevent, while she was on stage trying to fit in with the cool kids.

If she's paid security, she's still on duty, no? You don't see the cops at Jays games taking batting practice. It's not only unprofessional, but anything can happen at any time, and that's why she's there. She's not there to make friends.

I know I sound like wet blanket, but she was there to do a job. Imagine if something happened that she might've been able to prevent, while she was on stage trying to fit in with the cool kids.

Come on it was just 2 minutes of her time. That's nothing really. You think cops are like robots 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? There just human beings like us. She was just having fun and the crowd loved it.

It's still not tax payers money being wasted. She's begin privately paid for this. You're mixing this up. Shes part of a security team at the event and probably not expected to lead the charge if something were to happen. If the organizers of this event and the guests were happy to have her come on stage there must have been a sense of security so to speak that everything was ok.

It's an opportunity to show a crowd that is normally against any police interaction that it's not always a negative when interacting with an officer. These types of community interactions between citizens and police don't happen enough and stuff like this can help to change perspectives.

Come on it was just 2 minutes of her time. That's nothing really. You think cops are like robots 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? There just human beings like us. She was just having fun and the crowd loved it.

I don't give a shit if the crowd loved it. What does that matter? I'm sure the crowd would've loved a striptease too. The point is, she wasn't doing her job.

Cops can have fun on their own time, like everyone else. Two minutes is a world of time, when it comes to potentially stopping a crime. Nothing happened, so it's easy to not think of the potential consequences, but imagine if something did. She'd go from "Cool rapper cop" to "Careless, incompetent moron, who should never have been a cop".

So a cop is joining in with the community and having fun, and people are still bitching?

Are you serious

I don't give a shit if the crowd loved it. What does that matter? I'm sure the crowd would've loved a striptease too. The point is, she wasn't doing her job.

Cops can have fun on their own time, like everyone else. Two minutes is a world of time, when it comes to potentially stopping a crime. Nothing happened, so it's easy to not think of the potential consequences, but imagine if something did. She'd go from "Cool rapper cop" to "Careless, incompetent moron, who should never have been a cop".
Ok would it make it easier to swallow if she didn't wear her uniform? Shes paid security.

And btw I've seen cops at jays games taking selfies with fans and they are on duty and I'm ok with that. I'd rather not live in that robotic of a world.

{<jimmies}

I take back some of my comments. Turns out she was on paid duty. I hope she had coverage at the event in case something bad did happen however I don't find myself being upset by her actions while on paid duty.

"Const. Amy Oliver was on paid duty Thursday night, providing security at the Strada Car Meet in Vaughan, when she surprised the crowd by going on stage to showcase more than just her policing skills."

Is it a waste of tax payers money? In this case I suppose not as she was going to be there and paid regardless of if she stood stoic and still or whether she got on stage and did a rap battle.

Back