Torn median miniscus..... DAMN!!!

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by RGVBadBoy, Jul 14, 2010.

1. RGVBadBoy

RGVBadBoy Blue Belt

Just when I was getting my groove back, I get sidelined by injury, it didnt even happen on the mat either!!! I was scheduled to compete on the 24th of July and now nothing:icon_cry2 I'm not sure if I'm going to require surgery, but I'll know after the MRI.... All I know is that its SUPPOSED to be 1month of rehab, plus another 3mos of physical therapy.... :icon_sad:

What do ya'll think I can do to not lose conditioning??? I hear running, burpees, etc are out of the question...

2. bnosam

bnosam Green Belt

One legged biking? Lol That sucks dude, hopefully it heals faster and gets better faster.

3. teamcarvalho

teamcarvalho Green Belt

I torn mine three times and had three surgeries. I never done no therapy. My last surgery I started rolling after two weeks. My guys thought I was crazy...I even had the bandages still over the holes. Fuck it two weeks was too long not rolling.

If it hurts like fuck you will need surgery. I had waited a whole year before I had my first surgery....I hate hospitals.

4. Oak

Oak 栄誉

I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm just dealing with my first BJJ injury right now, and even though it's no way as serious as yours I'm pissed off.

5. RGVBadBoy

RGVBadBoy Blue Belt

I don't have the luxury to wait a year, I wish I did, it hurts like a mutherfucker, but I'm alright.... I work as a federal agent, I work chasing badguys, I need to get it repaired ASAP in order to go back to work to pay my jiujitsu team dues and such, I'll be back, I just ned to stay in shape for when I get back.

6. Meldge007

Meldge007 White Belt

knees are serious business i tore my median meniscus as well in my right leg although i cant give you an accurate recovery time because i also had a torn ACL which is slightly worse so my recovery was mostly acl based sorry to hear dude

7. teamcarvalho

teamcarvalho Green Belt

I hear you....one of my injuries occurred chasing a suspect. I sort of had a slight injury already but made it worse chasing that fuck. Good luck since you are off of work you will need to be cleared before you go back...your fucked as far as training goes. BP huh?

8. ILikeBread

ILikeBread Green Belt

I missed todays class and will have to wait till Friday and that makes me mad, so my condolences.

9. POPPA ROTZEE

POPPA ROTZEE Brown Belt

I had a bucket handle tear in my meniscus. I had half of it removed, I walked the day of surgery, and started training a week later with a knee brace. Just played alot of closed guard (Which actually helped my game alot..I was always an open guard player and this forced me to work on my closed guard..now that I'm healed..My game has grown alot)

10. RGVBadBoy

RGVBadBoy Blue Belt

Yeah, BP, I'm a former cop, I started jiujitsu because of it, I fell in love with it.... I didnt roll today, I feel empty inside right now... The injury happened at the range, which sucks because I'm an instructor... makes me look like a dumbass..:icon_neut

11. teamcarvalho

teamcarvalho Green Belt

Nice..... I have a BP guy that trains with me....he started because he almost got his ass kicked by a border brother. He is getting good too. I had a BP section Chief contact me....he wants me to train some of his guys in the El Centro section. Make them trainers. I am willing shit.

12. Wikinger

Wikinger Blue Belt

that's a tough break. sorry to hear it!

I'm two weeks post op for medial meniscus tear. just a little snip snip, 20 minutes procedure, and the surgery was done. got the stitches out a week later.

Rehab is