** TOPBOXER Custom Boxing & MMA Equipment v2 **

Hi guys, I didn't want to start a new thread, but I was wondering how long some Topboxer ortho gloves would last if I used them around 6 days a week on the heavy bag. And is there any foam combination that lasts longer than the ortho? Thanks. I appreciate it.

Hi guys, I didn't want to start a new thread, but I was wondering how long some Topboxer ortho gloves would last if I used them around 6 days a week on the heavy bag. And is there any foam combination that lasts longer than the ortho? Thanks. I appreciate it.

hmmm.... according to my calculations (wind was factored) the gloves should last you exactly 1.67 years.

Better than ortho is mexican latex. Depending on how to take that, it may just make you last longer.

hmmm.... according to my calculations (wind was factored) the gloves should last you exactly 1.67 years.

Better than ortho is mexican latex. Depending on how to take that, it may just make you last longer.

Yeah I always hear that high quality mexican latex lasts the longest for padding.

I was thinking why not a hybrid Ortho + multi-layer latex? Like inner is Ortho (as usual), middle is medium density latex, outer is high density latex.

With the Ortho foam + latex; it would pretty much be like Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s custom Grant trainers and fight gloves.

I'm sure Top Boxer aka Muhammad has done something like this.

1.67 years? That's longer than I thought. Thanks
Yeah I always hear that high quality mexican latex lasts the longest for padding.

I was thinking why not a hybrid Ortho + multi-layer latex? Like inner is Ortho (as usual), middle is medium density latex, outer is high density latex.

With the Ortho foam + latex; it would pretty much be like Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s custom Grant trainers and fight gloves.

I'm sure Top Boxer aka Muhammad has done something like this.

I hadn't thought of this. I'll do something similar but I'm not sure about the high density latex might not be soft enough for sparring. Forgot to add I'll be sparring with them as I don't have the money for high quality separate bag and sparring gloves that will last long. Thanks for the help though

Received my custom gloves. I placed the order back in October and got them today. Totally worth the wait. They look beautiful and the stitching is flawless. The only minor complaint would be that the custom embroidery appears to be have a loose thread in at least one place, but no big deal.

I will post a more complete review after using them a bit (which might be a few weeks since I've agreed to review a pair of gloves from another forum member), but initial reaction on performance: these gloves really, really pop. They are a bit stiff, which is to be expected, but they feel great on the heavy bag, aqua bag, and double end bag. I got the 14oz. but I wish I went with 16oz. so that I could use them for sparring as they are really comfortable.

In terms of fit, they are snug in a way that I like (14 oz. compact design) and offer really excellent wrist protection.

I am so far very pleased and look forward to seeing how they turn out after being broken in.

Jusqu'ici tout va bien.

Thank you, Muhammad !

1.67 years? That's longer than I thought. Thanks

I hadn't thought of this. I'll do something similar but I'm not sure about the high density latex might not be soft enough for sparring. Forgot to add I'll be sparring with them as I don't have the money for high quality separate bag and sparring gloves that will last long. Thanks for the help though

He's just joking with the 1.67 years; it's impossible for us to know how long they'll last you. I mean, how hard you hit would factor into it, what kind of work you're doing on the heavy bag and for how long etc, everyone is different really. I've had some Topboxer gloves for bagwork and pads for 3-4 years now and they're still good although I don't tend to do many rounds on bags.

He's just joking with the 1.67 years; it's impossible for us to know how long they'll last you. I mean, how hard you hit would factor into it, what kind of work you're doing on the heavy bag and for how long etc, everyone is different really. I've had some Topboxer gloves for bagwork and pads for 3-4 years now and they're still good although I don't tend to do many rounds on bags.

I was wondering if he was joking, but jokes are hard to get on a screen. Do you think for heavy bag work working more on technique going 50-60% power around 6 rounds a day and 6 days a week (I don't hit that hard anyway for such a big guy), and occasional sparring maybe 2-4 times a week, the foam would last close to 1.5 years. My main concern is foam wearing out, because someone said that their Winnings were protective for their hands as they used them mostly on the heavy bag, but too stiff for sparring because of heavy bag use, and I want an all around glove. Sorry for the long questions guys.

Everyone is different so I wouldn't want to say that they would definitely last that long for you. For my own training, I would have expected it to last that long at 16 or 18oz for sure and would have been disappointed if it didn't. Mine lasted that long at 10oz when I was training to compete 5x a week, probably about 6 rounds on bags a day on average and weighing about 70kg, and then they've now lasted a year or two in addition to that after slowing down with injury and are still my only bag gloves, but I haven't used them for sparring, and it sounds like you're a lot bigger than me etc so.. I would think they would last that long and be perfectly fine but I wouldn't want to be quoted on it.

I have less power than my brother who's around 30 kg less than me, so your 10 oz's lasting that long is enough to convince me. Plus, I'm getting 16s

Back