** TOPBOXER Custom Boxing & MMA Equipment v2 **

Indeed. In terms of wrist support, my experience has been: Laces > Velcro > Elastic

Same, elastic laces don't offer enough support for me no matter how many times I try to convince myself otherwise. Lace up are the most supportive, velcro the most convenient. Elastics try to do both, and though they are passable, I'd rather either other option personally.

For what it's worth, I have found elastic laces to be AWESOME for headgear. All of our Winning headgear at the gym use them, they really hug your face nicely.

Though I'm no fan of the 360 straps, I gotta say that I love the colors on the chartreuse/silver/red gloves. TB's got that Canelo color down solid, really pops.

For what it's worth, I have found elastic laces to be AWESOME for headgear. All of our Winning headgear at the gym use them, they really hug your face nicely.

Great idea, I've been struggling to get my face-saver to fit.

Will try the elastic laces on the headgear! Sounds promising.

Can somebody explain me the difference between traditional foams and Orthopedic foam?

Thanks

Wondering why people bother to get the 360 velcro strap:

With standard closures I find that the glove kind of slides around your wrist as you pull it tight. It's no big deal, but 360 keeps them a little more square IMO.

I'd like to know the difference as well with regards to the orthopedic foam

What's the difference between traditional foams and Orthopedic foam?

What's the difference between cotton and EVA palm side padding?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It's pretty self-explanatory. Orthopedic foam is used as the bottom layer over the knuckles, is more protective on your hands, and molds to your fist, just like an orthopedic mattress would to your body once you lay on it. The other foams are just based off density -- soft, medium, hard.

EVA is a type of vinyl foam, it provides better wrist support and some shock absorbent for catching/parrying shots. Cotton provides some padding for catching shots, but it's flimsy, so you'll be able to bend your wrist forward easier.

What is the longest you guys have waited for a pair of gloves to arrive?

I have some boots incoming:

10418765_402263796581767_1215344865_o.jpg

And here's someone else's boots!

10148907_402263846581762_1822228845_o.jpg

Those gloves look sick. I'm at the 6 week mark too. He told me last week that I should probably get some pics at the end of this week. I hope so, I can't wait to see my babies, tbh.

I know there have been some delays and that the summer has been hard on them. 49 centigrade there etc, with power shortages

I know there have been some delays and that the summer has been hard on them. 49 centigrade there etc, with power shortages

Wow. I didn't know about that. So it appears six to seven weeks before seeing them is about the norm. I'll keep that in mind.

Power outages???? there was power there to begin with?????

just joking, I kid, I kid......

sort of......

Some useful, random info from destroyer4147:

1. genuine patent black and genuine patent white no longer available because they're too stiff and good only for palm (too stiff for thumb or triple cuff). He says that i am the one and only person who possesses gloves with white patent genuine leather, and he used the rest of that sheet to make other non-boxng related stuff.

2. All patent leather is synthetic (black, white, blue, red)

3. He has a new leather expert/source, who can produce vitually any color imaginable

4. those requesting grant's super shiny metallic gold....TB says it would have to be imported from Italy, and there has to be a significant demand for it.

5. construction options include IMF and Layered standard method (basically stuffing the padding into the shell) which is the more common method, and "Reverse Layered" (method used by Grant and some other companies where padding is first glued onto the lining and then meticulously inserted into the shell....TB describes this method as a pain in the ass and similar to putting toothpaste back into the tube)

And someone's Topboxer gloves, in this instance sold through Bill Beaulieu:

10298124_498560060278067_1627000943124915492_o.jpg

Back