** TOPBOXER Custom Boxing & MMA Equipment v2 **

Would the boots be heavy if they were to be mid-hi tops and all leather constructed?

hi k4BOSH
yes i believe if we use all leather construction the boots are going to be a bit heavier then if we use mesh etc
thanks

I look forward to seeing what you do with this. :D

this leather is too beautiful in real , its not some image or paper heat transfer of snake pattern image , but you can actually feel the scales with your hand ,
wish someone orders in that leather.

thanks

Would they be any heavier than the type of leather shoes Reyes or Everlast uses for their boots? I should be asking via email but maybe someone has the same questions i have. Thought id just ask here so it can be seen.

And about snakeskin leather, do you have them in yellow or white?

this leather is too beautiful in real , its not some image or paper heat transfer of snake pattern image , but you can actually feel the scales with your hand ,
wish someone orders in that leather.

thanks

That snake looks amazing. How much would it cost for some 16oz velcro gloves with shiny gold,vintage brown leather and that exact snake with embroidery? I think your gloves look beautiful and have been thinking about getting some custom gloves for a while now.

That snake looks amazing. How much would it cost for some 16oz velcro gloves with shiny gold,vintage brown leather and that exact snake with embroidery? I think your gloves look beautiful and have been thinking about getting some custom gloves for a while now.

hi Moneymike
i have sent you a price quote as PM.
thanks a lot for your appreciation of my work.

Could you actually punch with that kind of leather? I imagine the snake scales would be extra hard

Would they be any heavier than the type of leather shoes Reyes or Everlast uses for their boots? I should be asking via email but maybe someone has the same questions i have. Thought id just ask here so it can be seen.

And about snakeskin leather, do you have them in yellow or white?

can,t say anything about that ,i have no experience with everlast or reyes shoes.
here are few of yellow and white croc.
IMG_3660_zps7dmprqdh.jpg

IMG_7106_zpsu1ksxaul.jpg

thanks

Could you actually punch with that kind of leather? I imagine the snake scales would be extra hard

yes thats the case , thats why most of the snake and croc can only be sed on all parts of the gloves EXCEPT backhand/hitting surface
there are few that are smooth enough to be used on backhand but not all.
thanks

It's not actual snake leather, but rather cowhide imprinted with a snake scale pattern.
But yeah, like TopBoxer said, it's not used on the striking surface.

Speaking of exotic leathers, I'd always wondered about a rayskin leather for the striking surface. Rayskin can be be sanded from a caviar finish to be actually really smooth, and it's 25 times stronger than cowhide. It's just EXPENSIVE, and the hides are really small.

It's not actual snake leather, but rather cowhide imprinted with a snake scale pattern.
But yeah, like TopBoxer said, it's not used on the striking surface.

Speaking of exotic leathers, I'd always wondered about a rayskin leather for the striking surface. Rayskin can be be sanded from a caviar finish to be actually really smooth, and it's 25 times stronger than cowhide. It's just EXPENSIVE, and the hides are really small.

indeed you are right ,
also the rayskin is too small to be made as backhand panel , but if someone is willing to provide me with rayskin large enough panels that can be used as backhand and they must be soft enough too then i can make the gloves ot of it.
thanks

Muhammad just sent me a pic of one of his new colors. He calls it "Light Turquoise." Here is the picture of the new Light Turquoise (Left) side by side with his classic Aquamarine (Right).

I have a design that could use that new color, as soon as I'm not broke haha

Hi Guys,

I Need your help. I am in contact with Muhammad for some 16oz boxing gloves. I have asked him if the could make something to match my shoes (nike hyper k.o.)

arwq2n.jpg

He suggested a black backhand , with metallic red leather on palm and some croc leather used on cuff area. Sounds pretty good to me but other suggestions/tips are more than welcome.

I still have to decide al padding and closure system. In our gym we do a lot of drills on your partners gloves (the other one uses the're glove like a pad). Thinking about getting some extra padding on the inside of the palm because of that. Or is that a dump idea?

Unless you plan on using those gloves to train others, theres no need for anymore padding on the palm. Your hand wont hurt from your partners punching.

The color on the hyperkos is actually obsidian, so it's closer to navy than black.

I would also suggest EVA or some stiffer foam on the palm if those drills are of concern to you, and you'll have better wrist protection as well.

The color on the hyperkos is actually obsidian, so it's closer to navy than black.

I would also suggest EVA or some stiffer foam on the palm if those drills are of concern to you, and you'll have better wrist protection as well.

Thanks, will choose EVA and I will ask him if they have navy or something close to obsidian.

Anybody got some advice for the closure system? I am now leaning towards lace up, the drills on the glove or part of the reason. With the laces the plastic end will probably screw the glove up. I have also read that you should tape the end of the laces or it could scratch your sparring partner. Haha don't wanna be known as the annoying guy with the laces i guess ;-)

Which strap would you guys recommend for the hook & loop system?

Back