Kubrat Pulev
Ricardo Mayorga
Spider Rico
David Price
Conor McGregor
Glass Joe
Audley Harrison
Adrien Broner
Imo I would remove McNeely and put Menard in there. Otherwise, spot on.

Better is to make list with 30 famous boxers in world at least. More interesting.

Holyfield, Dempsey, Tyson, Benn, Eubank Sr., Foreman, Marciano were excellent boxers.
What Ali wasn't after bout in Zaire, but didn't retired.
And I think Ali deserved beating by Holms and sadly not so hard as another guy get from Nigel Benn.

Ali never was such a smart athlete what they were and kept his position too long.
Sorry, after bout in Zaire prime years were already gone.
There no disrespect, in all, even non combat sports prime years are gone for anyone, but Ali maybe deserved more harash beating form larger copy of Nigel Benn with the same famous outcome.
Ali got Parkinsons, isn't that punishment enough or would only him being made a paraplegic be good enough for you? Either way, what a strange post.....

Yeah.
I think, such a high achievments, so for example Marciano retired if I'm correct.
Ali was good and deserves deep respect, but this bout in Zaire I think damaged him too much. Why he didn't retired after this, already was celebrity and famous?

Probably the best movie would get the most accolades. But those type of boxing flicks never had much to do with the Oscars anyway, so I guess that none of them would win at that event.

Also Biggie Smalls would be too old now in order to play Jack Johnson, even if he was still alive.
Well, I'm implying here, of course, that making a good, interesting movie about Jack Johnson is probably one helluva lot easier than making one about Foreman or Floyd, given what you have to work with. It could be done, and with a real budget behind it, which is probably more than you could say for the other guys. I'm hardly a Jack Johnson expert, though, so don't take my word for it. It's been decades since I did much reading about the guy, literally.

As for Biggie securing the lead role, though, I have a feeling he'd have more challenges to cope with besides just being dead.

jack-johnson.jpg

As for Biggie securing the lead role, though, I have a feeling he'd have more challenges to cope with besides just being dead.

Well, both men were incredibly talented at what they did. And both were ugly as hell... That's a good start, LOL.

1. Doug Dewitt
  2. Andy Holligan
  3. Freddy Rodriguez
  4. Hank Lundy
  5. Antonio Pitalua
  6. Gary Lockett
  7. Sultan Ibragimov
  8. Mitch Green
  9. Brian Minto
  10. Glenn Wolfe

1. Ali
2. Tyson
3. Rocky
4. Chavez Jr
5. Manny
6. Robinson
7. Johnson
8. Oscar
9. Louis
10. Dempsey

Floyd: Has to cross your mind in this discussion, but his superstardom is such a strictly US thing that I can't see how he'd make the top ten - although he may not be that far off. I don't know. He did make more money than anyone else, which is noteworthy, of course (and there is probably such a thing as "money charisma"). It's just that outside of America and certain demographics (those that don't go a big yaaaaaawn at his "look at all my money" schtick) he never really caught the mainstream's attention. And even with his much (self-)publicised spending, he's just too bland and unmemorable outside the ring to be a true icon of the sport. Certainly in a historic perspective he's not. He'll most likely be forgotten by the mainstream somewhat quickly, and he seems to be fairly aware of that fact himself. People in the sport, along with true boxing fans, won't forget, obviously - but that's not really what we're talking about here.

As for Floyd's fights against De La Hoya, Pac and McGregor being huge, you'd have to consider that Manny Pacquiao and Conor McGregor are bigger stars worldwide than Floyd will ever be, and De La Hoya was huge in the Americas (and hardly unknown elsewhere), so I wouldn't give Floyd all the credit for setting those PPV records. When he wasn't fighting big names his fights weren't actually getting much attention at all in non-American media, and even PPV numbers - a US thing - weren't terribly impressive. So... Biggest earner, for various reasons. But not top ten here.
Id give Floyd the credit for the PPVs seeing that he was the headliner on the 4 biggest ppvs of all time.
Mayweather-Pacquiao
Mayweather-McGregor
Mayweather-De La Hoya
Mayweather-Canelo

Floyd's bigger globally than Conor or Pacquiao.
They might not like him. But they know him.

Iconic:
1. Sullivan
2. Johnson
3. Dempsey
4. Louis
5. Marciano
6. Ray Robinson
7. Ali
8. Duran or Leonard?
9. Tyson
10. Floyd or Manny?

I dunno. Tough to make this list lol

Probably the best movie would get the most accolades. But those type of boxing flicks never had much to do with the Oscars anyway, so I guess that none of them would win at that event.

Also Biggie Smalls would be too old now in order to play Jack Johnson, even if he was still alive.
I dont see the resemblance between Jack Johnson and Biggie
Biggie 1.jpg Biggie 2.jpg

Ali
Joe Louis
SRR
SRL
Tyson
Marciano
Floyd
Duran
Lucia Rijker
Julio Cesar Chavez

Damnit this is impossible. Should be a top 30

Wasn't my time, but was Duran really that big? I can't imagine that he was compared to Joe Frazier, George Foreman, or even Holyfield who was part of big fights vs Foreman, Bowe, Tyson & Lewis.

Holyfield made headlines worldwide... Duran? Again, not my time.

Floyd too... His fights vs Oscar, Pacquaio and McGregor were huge.
you know that whole rest of the continent below the US? Roberto Duran was HUGE there.

Back