Top Ten Olympian vs Avantgarde

The Victor

White Belt
Reaction score
For some reason my search function hasn't been working all day so I haven't been able to look up any reviews on Top Ten head guards and couldn't find much information browsing through the review sections

Wanted to see if anybody had any experience with either of these head guards and wanted their feedback and how they compare to other head guards IE: Winnings FG-2900/Hayabusa etc... I'm referring to the cheek and head guard versions of both.

Olympian

Avantgarde

It looks like the Olympian is thicker and also has protection around the Chin. This is the one I'm leaning towards getting.

The Avantgarde looks more like a helmet and looks lighter.

I had the same question about comparing the Olympian and the Avant guard. Tim from Totiro patiently and extensively answered all my questions. I have the Avant Gaurds BTW

If you do make the purchase then I highly recommend Totiro-USA: outstanding customer care and competetive prices. Totiro-USA
Now as for the differences. The Avantguard is the newer version. I've used them both and like the Avantguard better because:
It has additional padding in the forehead area and the padding is configured differently (I don't know exactly how) so that it does not dig into your forehead as much (as the Olympia) when you get hit hard.
When they reconfigured the forehead area they improved the shape so that sweat is funneled away from your eyes so it flows down your temples instead of right into your eyes.
There are more air holes so that you stay a bit cooler.
There is some additional ear protection which is nice when your kicked or nailed by a hook.
Again, I could use either version and I use the Avantgaurd.

Hope this answered your questions.

Back