Top Ten Karate Fighters in MMA

I don't want to argue this point. Look at my posts - see that what your saying is crazy redundant. No one's trying to label. The article, more than anything, was written to educate the laymens of the effectivenes off the karate techniques that alot of great fighters display. These are karate techniques. I'm not saying these are 'karate fighters'. Hopefully you'll find a chance to read the article objectively in the future without languid presumptions.

To the guy above me^^

Some of these styles I've never heard of before... for example Gomi and Mushinjuku karate?

I like how they describe his hadouken punch lmfao

I didn't realize that Chuck was actually chambering his punches. I just assumed he was using an unorthodox striking stance (hands down) to entice people to slug it out with him and then utilize his superior counter-punching.

I'll have to go look over some older fights to see this. I started Karate from a McDojo but I never got to far and would love to learn it from a reputable source at least at some point in my lifetime.

You can't call people Karate fighters when they have practiced other arts since there karate days far longer and more intensely then they did karate. That is why we say M.M.A fighters.
I'm not having a dig at you and I don't mean any offence but because Chuck done a little Karate he aint a Karate Practitioner.

He did more than a little karate. He's got it tatted on his body man! Read his book or something that gives a little background on him and his major influences and you'll see for yourself.

I didn't realize that Chuck was actually chambering his punches. I just assumed he was using an unorthodox striking stance (hands down) to entice people to slug it out with him and then utilize his superior counter-punching.

I'll have to go look over some older fights to see this. I started Karate from a McDojo but I never got to far and would love to learn it from a reputable source at least at some point in my lifetime.

guy mezger did it too, to a certain degree; he had a strong karate background, i noticed he did something diff w/his strikes.. But an accomplished karate practitioner i knew at the time put it in to the correct term as to what was being done, liddel does the same in a diff manner; theoretically its the same thing.

Never knew Gomi used karate, and GSP as well. I knew he studied karate but it seems like he uses more of a Muay Thai side of striking.

Never knew Gomi used karate, and GSP as well. I knew he studied karate but it seems like he uses more of a Muay Thai side of striking.

GSP? i dont think ive seen anything other then a solid leg kick you could really lable MT.

Of course someone will point something out to prove me wrong, but his stance/wepons he uses/even to what he wears into the ring should spell out Karate. His kicks are very flashy, not saying you couldnt use them in thai boxing, but usualy MT is all power and less finess, id say gsp has good power, but way better "finess". He always use'e some flashy spinning back kick.

But just look at his stance its way to long, althought i understand hes fighting MMA it needs to be long, but i know he has a extensive back ground in karate.

Check his front switch's they're a thing of beauty. His low stance IMO was Kyokushin bred as well. Also take a gander at this punches to a downed opponent.

Back