Top Ten 14oz Sparring Gloves (rib design)

SAW II

White Belt
Reaction score
Here's my short and sweet review (w/pics):

The Gloves

On first impression, I think I love these gloves. The first thing I noticed and perhaps my favorite thing about them, is the open palm form it has. Unlike fairtex bgv1's or most other boxing gloves for example that have a fist form. That might sound weird but I'll clarify. When I put my hand in a fairtex bgv1, my hand is made into a fist, and it requires effort to OPEN it (minimal effort...but effort nonetheless). The top tens however, when I put my hand inside it, my hand is kept relatively open, and it requires effort to CLOSE it (or make a fist rather). I like this element of the gloves because in muay thai, its most often that you have you hands open. Up until you get ready to strike.

The wrist support is excellent. I have really skinny wrists, and these fit well around them without hand wraps. So WITH handwraps, these should be nice and snug. The inside is comfy, padding feels nice inside. The outside padding of the glove and the leather feels a little stiff. I assume they will soften after breaking them in. Bottom line: very comfortable gloves.

I think thats about it. Feel free to ask questions. Here are the pics:

gloves3.jpg

gloves2.jpg

gloves1.jpg

Cool. I like the design, simple and unique

Thanks for the review! Ever since reading Gonza's review of Top Ten gloves, I've been super interetested in them. Have you had the chance to spar with them yet?

nah, I haven't had the chance to spar with them yet, they just arrived today. I'll probably get some work in with em tomorrow.

I'm going to do some sparring tonight with the ones i just got, ill report back. not trying to steal your thread either, my bad

Thanks for the review! Ever since reading Gonza's review of Top Ten gloves, I've been super interetested in them. Have you had the chance to spar with them yet?

I sparred with them yesterday. They have softened up already. Really outstanding gloves. And like I assumed, the fit nice and snug with handwraps.

10/10 (.....so far, I'll give an update if I run into any problems)

Oh yea, I should mention that I ordered them from "drfloyd04" from ebay. On topten's official site, the gloves cost $99 not including shipping. On ebay I got them for $66 bucks with $11 for shipping.

I sparred with them yesterday. They have softened up already. Really outstanding gloves. And like I assumed, the fit nice and snug with handwraps.

10/10 (.....so far, I'll give an update if I run into any problems)

Oh yea, I should mention that I ordered them from "drfloyd04" from ebay. On topten's official site, the gloves cost $99 not including shipping. On ebay I got them for $66 bucks with $11 for shipping.

DAMN! i wish i saw that ebay store before i bought mine lol. I would have saved like $30.

Nice review, and gloves. Unique design. Thanks for the review.

:icon_chee

Back