Top Ranked Fighters with losing record in UFC

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Sarah McMann is 2-3 in the UFC. She was ranked 4 going into the Nunes fight and will likely still be in the top 6-8 even after the loss. How often have we seen someone crack the top 10 but have a losing record in the UFC?

Machida, Glover 2 losing streaks, both fought for the belt

Pretty rare. Shogun is 7-8 in the UFC but is ranked 8th I believe.

Machida, Glover 2 losing streaks, both fought for the belt

Not only was that not the question, but how is Glover in a losing streak? He just won yesterday.

Plus, his only 2 losses in the ufc are against JBJ and a running man Phil Davis.

Nick Diaz. 1-3 since coming back to the UFC and somehow had 2 title shots and was ranked in the top 10 at the time if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
It's pretty common in the thinner divisions and when a fighter has just come in from another org. Not long ago, Eddie Alvarez was ranked with a 0-1 record; now he's #4 at 1-1. Obviously his ranking is based on his Bellator work.

Shogun is ranked #8 with a 7-8 UFC record.
Bigfoot is ranked #11 with a 3-4 (1) UFC record.
McCall is ranked #4 with a 2-3-1 UFC record.

A lot of the TUF20 women are ranked with crap UFC records because it's not only a brand new division, but because they were busy fighting exhibition matches, then waiting for the show to air and the finale to be fought.

Giblert Melendez is 1-3, and he was in the Top 5 before getting caught with PEDS. In fact, he was 1-1 and ranked #1 at LW, having only beaten Diego Sanchez.

Sarah McMann is 2-3 in the UFC. She was ranked 4 going into the Nunes fight and will likely still be in the top 6-8 even after the loss. How often have we seen someone crack the top 10 but have a losing record in the UFC?

Shogun Rua.

Condit was 3rd or 4th with a 2 fight losing streak and was i think 4th being 1-3 in his last 4

Shogun seems like the most obvious choice

Back