News Top Rank calls off two fight cards over lack of COVID-19 testing, blames Donald Trump

I never thought of it til now but the US government is the most precarious on earth. Every man and his dog is tootin a fuckin 12 gauge.

The US has always been comparatively well-armed, yet there hasn't been any real popular, organized or direct opposition to the government since the 1960s (arguably since the 1930s, and even then the US state was nowhere near as threatened as most around the world - the only serious threat in the 30s after FDR came to power came from a potential industrialist/corporate-led coup, not a popular, bottom-up uprising). The cult of law enforcement is far too powerful there and far too many people continue to worship the constitution to consider the state anywhere near precarious at this point in time.

The US has always been comparatively well-armed, yet there hasn't been any real popular, organized or direct opposition to the government since the 1960s (arguably since the 1930s, and even then the US state was nowhere near as threatened as most around the world - the only serious threat in the 30s after FDR came to power came from a potential industrialist/corporate-led coup, not a popular, bottom-up uprising). The cult of law enforcement is far too powerful there and far too many people continue to worship the constitution to consider the state anywhere near precarious at this point in time.
it's a violent country all things considered, it's in the country's dna. It has gone in different places but it's still there. Paranoid too, everyone is paranoid, I'm paranoid of other people's paranoia, everyone thinks you're out to take something from them. go to an unfamiliar neighborhood people are asking questions and shit. If they don't do that they watch, go to the store, cameras everywhere, no one trusts anyone, I don't either. Just the way it is.

I've not read the thread but I saw Eddie Hearn come out with this shit;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52006750

Says the Coronavirus will cost fighters careers.

Sounds like some BS, fighters are out for a year with injury all the time, Foreman was out for 10 years and still cameback and went on to win the HW championship of the world. Ali was a long reigning champion after a several year hiatus.

Just sounds to me like a promoter complaining he can't run fight cards and spinning it into a harrowing tale of misfortune for some young upcoming prospect. It might suck if you were peaking for a fight fight card and that got cancelled but signing or getting a job for probably 6-9 months isn't the end of the world.

I've not read the thread but I saw Eddie Hearn come out with this shit;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52006750

Says the Coronavirus will cost fighters careers.

Sounds like some BS, fighters are out for a year with injury all the time, Foreman was out for 10 years and still cameback and went on to win the HW championship of the world. Ali was a long reigning champion after a several year hiatus.

Just sounds to me like a promoter complaining he can't run fight cards and spinning it into a harrowing tale of misfortune for some young upcoming prospect. It might suck if you were peaking for a fight fight card and that got cancelled but signing or getting a job for probably 6-9 months isn't the end of the world.
Mr no-so-smug now! is pining his dad's coffers draining, really.

That's it, if enough of you vote for him, you deserve the tailspin. When thousands start dying on his watch, I expect him to be exposed, to such a point even @Seano won't vote for him.
It's the opposite. The more his supporters will blame it on other factors. He was a 100% right when he said he could shoot somebody in the middle of Time Square and still win. Trump knows what works and exactly how to talk to his fanbase.
At the end of the day people just dont vote for him for his politics or economics. It's because he says the things they wish they could say and he still prospers. They long for those days.

doesn't take much to throw off a career and it doesn't take much to cause a peaking fighter to go into a tailspin. but really, who cares, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. No one should be crowding around right now.

It's the opposite. The more his supporters will blame it on other factors. He was a 100% right when he said he could shoot somebody in the middle of Time Square and still win. Trump knows what works and exactly how to talke to his fanbase.
But when, in the midst of much loss of life, its obvious he doesnt care, don't you think the tide will turn?

it's a violent country all things considered, it's in the country's dna. It has gone in different places but it's still there. Paranoid too, everyone is paranoid, I'm paranoid of other people's paranoia, everyone thinks you're out to take something from them. go to an unfamiliar neighborhood people are asking questions and shit. If they don't do that they watch, go to the store, cameras everywhere, no one trusts anyone, I don't either. Just the way it is.

Not focused or directed violence, though. The state and its ability to enforce its power is stronger than ever. The US, for the time being, is not close to being a precarious state. Maybe that changes with an economic collapse, but I doubt it. The 90s were arguably a time of more militant, anti-government sentiment, and even then the state wasn't even remotely threatened. There's nowhere else on earth that I've seen worship police to the extent that the US does, and that somehow includes a significant segment of people who claim to be stridently anti-government.

come on dude, deep state conspiracies are generally fckin nonsense.
Google is not a left leaning entity, it’s a search engine. I’m not sure how spreading confusion over the origins of Spanish flu is anti conservative? But if you have an alternative link to prove it originated in Spain, feel free to post it. What absolute posted seems very feasible. To dismiss it because he used google is a cop out

Stopped right there.
I wasn't referring to this topic when calling out google for being leftists.
The Spanish Flu is one thing---to say may have originated elsewhere, but "Google is not a left leaning entity"?
Just wow.

Ok so I said earlier I'm not a conspiracist theorist but then I watched this video and now I'm not so sure. It pretty much states that the Corona virus is bioengineered. Part of my undergraduate degree was microbiology so I understand a moderate amount of this video and it certainly hasn't made me feel any better about what is going to happen going forward. I'm posting this here for anyone else that is interested in the origins of this virus.

It's the opposite. The more his supporters will blame it on other factors. He was a 100% right when he said he could shoot somebody in the middle of Time Square and still win. Trump knows what works and exactly how to talk to his fanbase.
At the end of the day people just dont vote for him for his politics or economics. It's because he says the things they wish they could say and he still prospers. They long for those days.
This. As a loudmouthed divisive figure (obnoxious, really) many of his supporters seem to view him as edgy and brutally honest for having the audacity to say some of the nonsense he does regularly. He's like a breath of fresh air for them. I've found it to be true as well. His strongest supporters are almost living through him vicariously as he serves to function as their political mouthpiece. While it's not a new concept it applies to Trump doubly given how often he stirs up controversy when airing his opinions.

Ok so I said earlier I'm not a conspiracist theorist but then I watched this video and now I'm not so sure. It pretty much states that the Corona virus is bioengineered. Part of my undergraduate degree was microbiology so I understand a moderate amount of this video and it certainly hasn't made me feel any better about what is going to happen going forward. I'm posting this here for anyone else that is interested in the origins of this virus.

I'll check it. Gotta make money now like a good American

Not focused or directed violence, though. The state and its ability to enforce its power is stronger than ever. The US, for the time being, is not close to being a precarious state. Maybe that changes with an economic collapse, but I doubt it. The 90s were arguably a time of more militant, anti-government sentiment, and even then the state wasn't even remotely threatened. There's nowhere else on earth that I've seen worship police to the extent that the US does, and that somehow includes a significant segment of people who claim to be stridently anti-government.
Interesting, we have no shortage of idiots who respect nothing see them everywhere. But ya, I also see people falling all over themselves for them. And I keep telling people that police are the last people you should call in particular, family disputes. They are brainwashed.

We've just gone into lockdown. Dark times but strangely thrilling.

But when, in the midst of much loss of life, its obvious he doesnt care, don't you think the tide will turn?
Absolutely not. In America you aren't going to change anyone's party politics. There is always enough ammo and false narratives to blame the other side for anything.
Just look at his followers in this thread. "I dont care that Trump lied to US he did it for the right reasons.....but how dare China lie..." or " Spanish flu is from Spain despite what Drs. , Historians, and official medical records say.."
You think people like this will change their minds and admit they were wrong? No and they continue to prove it.

Back