News Top Prospects: Ismail Naurdiev vs Sean Brady gets curtain jerker duties @ UFC Norfolk

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Ismail “The Austrian Wonderboy” Naurdiev (19-3)
VS
Sean Brady (11-0)​

I never really understood how UFC match makers set up bout orders, but they fucked up with this one as two highly touted prospects face eachother in an empty arena as fans start to gather in.

Above these two are guys you’ve never even heard of with losses to guys with below .500 records. It’s almost like they just pick names randomly out of a hat to see who’ll go first.

Either way, this should be a good one. If you’re unaware, Naurdiev is a really powerful kickboxer with wrestling chops to boot. Sean Brady is a BJJ black belt with technical boxing and mixes it up well.

That’s sad. Then they’ll be told they can’t demand more money as they don’t move the needle.

That’s sad

What’s really sad is a couple years ago, UFC decided to put Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Kyle Bochniak as the first fight, even underneath the likes of Bec Rawlings and when Ferguson pulled out against Khabib (with Iaquinta), they decided to put Zabit on the PPV and they ended up having FOTN.

Imagine not knowing that Zabit was a beast and was going to have a FOTN with a willing dance partner. Imagine the empty arena while that fight was going on.

The only reason these guys are in the UFC is because the UFC needs 600+ fighters to fill up 40+ events a year demanded by ESPN. There are just two more warm bodies to fill up a card.

Neither of them has finished a fight in the UFC. I'm supposed to expect fireworks?

So matchmaker two... what will the fight order be at the upcoming fight card?

Matchmaker two:<Fedor23>
Matchmaker one replies: <Fedor23>okay

I don't say this often but the card actually kind of sucks (on paper) lmao. The least they could have done was put this shit on the main card or headlining the prelims. They have 2 WMMA fights on the main card, both of them WFW fights which is by far the least interesting of the WMMA divisions at the moment. I'm pretty sure this card is setup to fail so they can officially cut FLW lol.

You'd think if they wanted FLW to really prosper then they would have thrown in a couple name/ranked fighters in the card to get more eyes on the new champion.... buuuuuuuut I guess not.

It's long been shown the UFC doesn't actually give a shit about developing talent or the sport unless it's someone made-for-tv that they can use for promos and press.

then again with those awful tats I don't half blame them lol

This is the fight I’m looking forward to the most after Ankalaev/Cutelaba. Agree it should be way higher on the card.

I suppose their crime was not coming through DWTNCS.

for a second I thought this guy
MV5BYzM5MTJkYjEtZmE2MS00ZGI4LWI5ZjUtZDgxZGY5NTNiOGI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg

had Started MMA and was thinking that it was kinda stupid given his age .

I am very glad to hear you are interested in watching this match up, let me help you out bud

For only 9.99 you can get the best mma content around the net. Also you dont feel like piece of shit for streaming ppvs then bitching about fighter pay. Fight Pass even provides fights from different sports and organizations! Such as Kickboxing events for the men and all out Jujistu competitions for the woman and the frail....

Bottom line is you're gonna spend that money on some shit you know you dont need so might as well spend it on something that even when you forget about it.......it'll still there

@Th3Sav4ge

I've noticed this more lately. This weekend's card has a bunch of people on the main card who dont even have Wikis, including the co-main, but Luis Pena is way down the card.

It's the same concept as union busting / replacement players / scabs. Pretty shady by WME.

UFC bout orders have been trash for the past few years. I know some say it’s not a big deal because you can still watch any but I disagree. I like it to feel like the event is building, with each fight being more interesting than the last. Not this interesting fight, two no name fights, interesting fight, WMMA fight crap.

You clearly have never seen either guy fight. But your name is ignorant so I guess I’ll just let it slide dumb dumb
I've probably seen all four of their UFC fights, but the only thing I remember is the nickname.

I've probably seen all four of their UFC fights, but the only thing I remember is the nickname.

Dude Naurdiev has had a tough schedule. Almost unfair. He did look bad against that Native American guy though.

Brady also has a tough schedule debuting against McGee

Back