Top Powerlifters Thread

Lifter: Jesse Norris
Accolades include:
* 2010 IPF World Sub-Junior Champion
* 198-lb. Raw World-Record Holder in the Squat (700 lbs.); first and only 700-lb. unwrapped squatter in 198-lb. history.
* 198-lb. Raw World-Record Holder in the Total (1850 lbs., unwrapped)
* A multiple-world record holder at 19 years old.

This video was just released today. Needless to say, taking the all-time world record in a lift--and in the total--at 19 years old is an astonishing feat. Jesse also has IPF World Sub-Junior world records in both equipped lifting, with the squat (733 lbs.), deadlift (705 lbs.), and total (1824 lbs.), and unequipped lifting, with the squat (705 lbs.), deadlift (664 lbs.), and total (1728 lbs.). In my opinion, with his last performance, he must be considered the best, most accomplished teenage strength athlete in the world.

Lifter: Jeanine Whittaker
1,140lb total @ 181 Master Class (She's over 40)
World Record Holder
#1 Rank in 181lb Weight Class

I guess you have to throw Jesse Norris in here now.

19 years old, 1850@198, breaking the all-time raw (no wraps) total world record and all-time squat world record.

I saw that right after I posted.

I was going to edit my post, but, you know...

Isn't that also only a couple lb off of the 198 deadlift record as well?

Isn't that also only a couple lb off of the 198 deadlift record as well?

Both Coan and Belyaev have done ~850lb @ 198lb bw. Coan has the record has done 859lb @ 198lb at what I assume was a full meet. This video is of 854lb.

This Belyaev doing 847lb @ 201lb at a push-pull meet (Battle of Champs?)

When i was 19 I used to curl 35 kg on the EZ bar, thought I was the shit. That was impressive lifting by that kid!

Back