top notch striking

Man....I used to think Tiffa was hot. Now Chun Li seems far more a better prospect.

Man....I used to think Tiffa was hot. Now Chun Li seems far more a better prospect.

Who ever did the casting for that Tifa video should be fired. Casting a Tifa with small breasts and chicken legs? What has this world come to!

And what was Ryu doing in that first video? He was fighting like Ken fights. Ryu is a guy who fought with solid basics and a minimum effort approach. Ryu is also a lot heavier build than the guy they picked for the role.

I know it is a cartoon, but this has the best striking I ever saw :)

Nick Diaz is trying to figure out how he's gonna take on GSP.... wish him well.

What I've been toying with, is putting up a T on how to counter Diaz,,,, which a huge proportion of the UFC competitiors with all that focus mitt, & contact sparring roundly lauded by the Sherdog striking forum.... still gets their face punched in & lights punched out.... :icon_surp

All the exotica shown here is worthless show karate, without fundamental base....

^^^ HA, HA, in the "Girl" vid,,, we have fresh meat for Nuke-Mine-Land, now that he's "DESTROYED" that little ball thing he's been playing with....

KarateStylist

Here's a ...Shidokan Vid. a style of karate that's morphed into kickboxing.... with boxing hands clearly dominant....

Jerry Morris is an excellent striker {read boxer}, and pretty well beats up his opponents....[YT]T6k3VCmuv-Y[/MEDIA]

>> Watch the vid around 12:00 & going to 13:00, I think Jerry Morris' opponent is named Foley....

>> Foley's striking is terrible,... definitely everything karate preaches against....

READ THAT... stand & trade punches (or worse yet, stand & throw punch(es)).... hands dropped or raised passively during exchange....

---What's more, since the competitors are going to a boxing style.... Foley's karate defense really stinks.... by boxing he's doing what he should.... but there he's executing poorly and against a champion-level opponent in Morris.... this ends up being deadly for Foley....

>> Foley ends up getting his clocked cleaned into submission.... despite that useless
"heart" everyone lauds.....

I know there's a jab defense T....
Foley's problem, from my perspective, is Foley's karate guard from stance up is zilch, that's ZILchT.... the parry, slap, hand up, head movement, move back, lean away {Wasn't there just a MT T on this being so "effective?"} duck & roll--- all fall prey to Morris's stiff Left jab(s), then Right straight / cross right through / over {as the case may be} Foley's boxer-form guard....

Morris' striking isn't rocket science--basically excellent form & well-executed combos...AGAINST A FULL CONTACT FIGHTER WITH ZERO MENTAL DISCIPLINE IN HIS TACTICS.

KarateStylist

Last edited:
Here's a ...Shidokan Vid. a style of karate that's morphed into kickboxing.... with boxing hands clearly dominant....

Jerry Morris is an excellent striker {read boxer}, and pretty well beats up his opponents....[YT]T6k3VCmuv-Y[/MEDIA]

Thanks for the vid post, I taped part of Morris vs Nagy it about ten years ago and never got to see the finish of it.

Last edited:
If you wanna see perfect technique...I give you: Boyka!

Not sold on Boyka, I find he has about five techniques which he uses over and over again, plus he looks juicy.

The video in the OP was cooler.

IMO, Donnie Yen is the best guy out there right now.

Thanks for the vid post, I taped part of Morris vs Nagy it about ten years ago and never got to see the finish of it.
^^^ Yeah, I thought it a standout fight.... MMA prime.... you're welcome....

^^^ Nagy started out strong.... but he didn't have the hands Morris did & the boxing gloves seriously changed the equation....

^^^ Later on, against Morris' strong striking.... really good IMHO,,, Nagy's lack of any substative striking defense allowed sustained punishment by Morris from which there really is no recovering....

^^^ Now matter how 'tough' you are.... sustained punishment to the head is NO GOOD.... a karate law, in fact law no. 1....

EDIT: Also very interesting, for the Boxing afficianados, Morris' 1st opponent is doing all that boxing / sport karate, "normal" footwork rountine.... then gets promptly clocked when Morris is close enough to exchange.... the focus mitt / open workout / dance routine.... it's everything incompetent just as standing frozen ...in a karate stance is....

KarateStylist

Last edited:
If you wanna see perfect technique...I give you: Boyka!

And here is Scott working on his moves for the part of "Deadpool" (really don't agree with... that character as Deadpool) for the X-Men: Origins movie. I've wanted to try so many of these things out. Had the D-leg to side-kick at one stage, but couldn't get a hang of the other things...

I used to do more of the flips and fancy kicks, but couldn't get to that level. That's probably why I like watching him so much. As big as he is, he is so smooth in mid air.

Well, now that we're talking about aerial control, I can't not post Vellu:

Back