woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Top Legacy Fighters in Combat Sports. I think the following:

1. Floyd Mayweather - no question. record speaks for itself
2. Jon Jones - undefeated technically
3. GSP - finished on a high note. he came back to beat the 185 pound champion
4. Khabib - career not over, but on the right track to main the undefeated record
5. Gabi Garcia - lol. beating grandmas. sure why not
6. Amanda Nunes/Cyborg, etc.
7. Daniel Cormier - other than Jon Jones, he has achieved a lot and also became the Heavyweight champion

I think Fedor and Anderson Silva ruined their legacy a little bit by staying longer (similar to Mike Tyson). Please mention fighters that I've missed.

GSP only response.

Floyd is not a fighter, boxing is not fighting, it is a match

GSP only response.

Floyd is not a fighter, boxing is not fighting, it is a match

MMA is not fighting. It is a match...

And Floyd does not have the best legacy ever. He's scrutinized by fans and fighters a lot. Ali has the best "legacy" of any boxer, fighter, athlete in history. And it's not even close.

not a fan of his, but there is no Conor McGregor on this list, I think he deserves a spot due to his influence and the former two-division status

Top Legacy Fighters in Combat Sports. I think the following:

1. Floyd Mayweather - no question. record speaks for itself
2. Jon Jones - undefeated technically
3. GSP - finished on a high note. he came back to beat the 185 pound champion
4. Khabib - career not over, but on the right track to main the undefeated record
5. Gabi Garcia - lol. beating grandmas. sure why not
6. Amanda Nunes/Cyborg, etc.
7. Daniel Cormier - other than Jon Jones, he has achieved a lot and also became the Heavyweight champion

So 1 boxer.... lol ok.
No Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Haggler................. even Canelo will have a better legacy than at least 6 you've listed and it's not 7 because Mayweather beat him.
MMA fighters barely get a mention if you're talking legacy in combat sports, it's all boxers and will be for a while. We're only into the 2nd, maybe 3rd generation of MMA fighters. They're all still in the Pioneer wing.

No Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Haggler
1. Tyson's resume isn't even top 10 for his division let alone all of boxing.

2. Marciano fought 45 nobodies and spent very little time at the top. Why...i don't know but it took him a long time to get his chance. He's far from a legacy fighter....name 3 opponents without googling, you almost surely 100% cannot.

Ali, Robinson, Leonard, Hagler...all good. Roberto Duran and Hearns are right there with Leonard and Hagler because their legacies are largely tied together.

Back