Top king vs king shinguard

acesup123

White Belt
Reaction score
I busted up my shin sparring recently wearing crappy shin guards and would like to get some nice thick high quality shinguards. I heard good things about top king but all the sellers on ebay are from Thailand. I found one guy selling King from the US. Looking at the pictures of both shin guards, they look the same except for the logo. Does anyone have any experience with using both? Are they both about the same in terms of protection? I don't really want to pay the shipping fees from Thailand.

Does anyone know of a site based in the US where I can get top king?

I've used both before, they're more or less the same, although I prefer the Top King abit more? just seems abit more durable

The Top Kings uses hook and loop straps and the King Professionals uses a double strap system.

I have Top Kings and love them. I ordered my from Thailand...it took awhile to get them but it was well worth it. (I ordered a ton of stuff...so that prolly only delayed shipping.) The guys on Ebay are legit....plus you can't beat their prices.

Yes, try here:

Nine Dragons Martial Arts Muay Thai Equipment

Art is a good guy, and has great customer service. He carries a large stock of gear, in-stock, here in the USA. If it is not in stock, the system will not let you put it in your cart (no back ordered issues). Fast shipping at very reasonable rates.

You can also try John at "Fightstuff us", but he is in Thailand, and the UK. Both are excellent, and both post here regularly.

Ps. I just got an email from John at FightStuff. They are having a summer clearance sale. You can check it out at:

FightStuff - Official UK and Ireland Sole Dealer for Top King Equipment and Apparel

I am pretty sure you can also order through the UK site. He answers email promptly, if you have any questions.

:icon_chee

Last edited:
I have Top Kings and love them. I ordered my from Thailand...it took awhile to get them but it was well worth it. (I ordered a ton of stuff...so that prolly only delayed shipping.) The guys on Ebay are legit....plus you can't beat their prices.

I got my top king gloves from ebay too. Just do your research and check their feedbacks, and ask about shipping times before you buy. The guy I bought my gloves from shipped out within 3 days of me paying. Totally happy with my Top Kings!

+1 for ND Martial Arts for real-time inventory and GREAT customer service.

Top King also have neoprene connecting the shin pad to the foot pad. I have a pair of Top King and a pair of Sinbi shins that are identical to the original Kings. I like the Sinbi shins better. The bottom strap on the Top Kings are too long for my skinny ankles :)

Yes, try here:

Nine Dragons Martial Arts Muay Thai Equipment

Art is a good guy, and has great customer service. He carries a large stock of gear, in-stock, here in the USA. If it is not in stock, the system will not let you put it in your cart (no back ordered issues). Fast shipping at very reasonable rates.

You can also try John at "Fightstuff us", but he is in Thailand, and the UK. Both are excellent, and both post here regularly.

Ps. I just got an email from John at FightStuff. They are having a summer clearance sale. You can check it out at:

FightStuff - Official UK and Ireland Sole Dealer for Top King Equipment and Apparel

I am pretty sure you can also order through the UK site. He answers email promptly, if you have any questions.

:icon_chee

Thanks for the websites, tried to order at nine dragons, but there was something wrong with their server so I wasnt able to order it.

Sent fightstuff UK an email asking how much they charged for shipping in the US. Their top king shinguards are priced cheaper than nine dragons by about $10 after you do the $ to pound conversion.

Actually I found the fightstuff US website after searching around on the fightstuff UK. problem solved.

I also think that the top kings are lighter.

I haven't used both but I have the top kings and someone I train with has the kings and he is always complaining about the weight of them, however I find the top kings to be lightweight.

On the top kings, the shin and the instep are connected with neoprene. If you catch an elbow in the gap, it hurts like shit, but I have only done it once so far.

Back