Top King Gloves

Kilim

White Belt
Reaction score
Was suggested to get Top King for Muay Thai gloves.
But I see various types,

For now I know I want Velcro closure for training.

But then there are Super, Air, Super Air, Ultimate Velcro, Pro velcro ...

Any differences between them?

I have 12oz superstars the red ones the fade to black, and I love them. they are comfortable and offer good wrist support.

I have the 14oz super air velcro, good wrist support and plenty of padding for sparring

Jeff tell me what's the deal is with The air gloves.

the Palm is all mesh and super breathable. the gloves also feel super light for 12oz gloves.

I rarely recommend TKs to anybody other than their fight gloves.

If you are a clincher I recommend the TK air for sparring with knees. However, they are tight as hell as first and require a long break...

Long break in for whom? The puncher or for softening up the padding for your sparring partner?

Yea they are very tight gloves at first but great wrist support overall. I got the fancy superstar ones like they used on Its showtime events and the vinyl started to peel off after just a few uses. IMO 14oz in these gloves is perfect for sparring, most padding is right over the knuckle. I wish i would have gotten plain leather though.

Yeah Ive heard that any of the Thai marketed "Fancy" gloves peel rather quickly

Fancy gloves DO peel and the mesh on TKs does fray. I like TK 10oz fight gloves, other than that though, no thanks.

I've got the airs for pad work, like the others say really tight to start with, then get really comfy after they are broke in I love mine and they are still in good condition after 6 or so months.

That said for sparing I love my BGV5's

Long break in for whom? The puncher or for softening up the padding for your sparring partner?

The hand compartment is very snug and the first layer of foam is dense as focus mitts (outer foam is the opposite). It took a long time to break in, however, after they did they really felt custom, because, hand compartment and dense foam both contour to the shape of your hand.

Was torn between the Fairtex BGV1b and the Top King Super Air.
Ended up ordering the 16 oz Top King Super Air.

Currently own a 16 oz Title Gel Intense Bag/Sparring Gloves.
But it feels MUCH heavier than 16 oz (think more like 20+ oz!!! each!)

Hoping I made a good choice with the Top King and maybe able to sell my Title gloves to save for the BGV1B or the Fairtex Super Sparring Bag Gloves as dedicated bag gloves.

if you are looking for dedicated bag gloves and like fairtex, I highly reccomend the bgv9. Excellent glove.

if you are looking for dedicated bag gloves and like fairtex, I highly reccomend the bgv9. Excellent glove.

Never had Fairtex, just read a few good reviews about them as Bag gloves.
(Thinner padding and all ...)

My first ever gloves is the Title I own now, then I felt the Twins that are used in my school and found them to be much lighter and probably truer to 16 oz compared to what I was using.

I was suggested the Top King over Twins for gloves so decided to get it.
But looking around this forum and other sites I find that having a dedicated glove, one for sparring and another for bag/pad work, is highly suggested.

So hoping the Top King Super Air I just ordered will do well as a sparring glove and was thinking of the Fairtex Super Sparring Bag gloves (TGT6) for bag/pad work.

But now I have to read up on the BGV9 ...

Back