Movies TOP GUN: MAVERICK (Named Best Picture by National Board of Review, post #1201)

If you have seen TOP GUN: MAVERICK, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Named Best Picture by National Board of Review

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-movie-2022-national-board-review-1235277963/

https://variety.com/2022/awards/awards/national-board-of-review-winners-top-gun-maverick-1235454143/
zvt6t2vjht4a1.jpg

9iA.gif

Last edited:
Finally watched it last night, probably would have been better if I saw the first one but I enjoyed it a lot.

The mission scenes were very well done even though they were very predictable.

Huge fan of the original... and need to see this asap.

If Mad Max Fury Road and Black Panther can get Oscar buzz, no reason this movie shouldn't. Though we'll see what happens in practice. Movies like The Terminator, First Blood and Robocop ought to have received that kind of attention and didn't.

If Mad Max Fury Road and Black Panther can get Oscar buzz, no reason this movie shouldn't. Though we'll see what happens in practice. Movies like The Terminator, First Blood and Robocop ought to have received that kind of attention and didn't.
Considering this was about 10x the movie fury road or black Panther was, I agree. At least Fury Road had amazing effects but this was all around a much better movie.

Movies like this might get a better opportunity now that more movies can be in the running. I don't watch the Oscars but I think it went from 5 noms to 10.

I mean, no one watches the academy awards anymore… this could draw people in.

This movie deserves all the awards but I got a sneaky suspicious that the themes in this movie may ruffle the feathers of the Oscar Awards types

This movie deserves all the awards but I got a sneaky suspicious that the themes in this movie may ruffle the feathers of the Oscar Awards types
It had a diverse cast. Strong female characters. But it wasn’t woke… so I hear you.

I hope it at least gets some type of consideration for the audio work. The feeling of how powerful these jets are was reverberating through the theatre.

Great point! It sounded incredible in the theatre, amazing movie experience

6, BAYBAY!

I have precisely zero shame in saying I love that Lady Gaga song. Give it to her!

Back