Top five 165 lb. fighters

Colby looked visibly bigger than robbie so not colby.

Currently (meaning guys who are too big for 155 but very undersized for 170.

1. Jorge
2. RDA
3. Pettis
4. Nate
5. Cerrone

How did he look bigger? Hes like 1 inch shorter and way thinner, he didn't look big at all. Robbie was way thicker and bigger

Khabib
Colby
Ferguson
RDA (hydrated but not undersized)
Masvidal
Dad Cerrone
Pettis
Kevin Lee
Askren
Nate Diaz

The top 10 would look something like that. Khabib as champ for a while.

True
165 would be a losers division

I see it differently.

Great fighters having great fights.

155, 165, 175...... Enough great talent here to have more fights to watch without anything being watered down with mid-level talent.

I don’t think it’s going to happen, but we would see nothing but more good fights if it did.

1. Usman
2. Colby
3. Woodley
4. Ferguson
5. Khabib

People still over-rating RDA i see. The guy is 1-3 in his last four fights, when will it end?

2 of those losses came to size monsters at 170 who dwarfed him and the other loss came to a guy who's firmly in everyon'es top-5 at 165.

Come on now bro

is something that's gonna be made in near future. Its something WE the fans and the fighters will make. dana will be against it for some time and then he's gonna take the credit for it.
we the fans and the fighters are making this sport great, dana is holding it back and taking all the money from it.

Why turn mma into boxing with 20 different/irrelevant weight classes?

Less weight classes are needed, not more.

No need to have 7 weight classes below 200 n then only 2 above.

Instead of having weight classes every 10 pounds the increase should be gradual, like every 10 or 15%.

125, 137, 151, 166, 183, 201, 221, 243, 267

Or

125, 144, 165, 190, 219, 251, 289

Not really. Guys like Woodley, Till, Usman, Maia, Lawler are not making 165. Maybe Ponzinibbio as well.

They don’t have to

Weight class is from 156 to 170

If we’re gonna take random numbers n pretend it’s a new weight class why not go with 160? Or 158? Or 162?

If there’s several fighters whose optimal weight class would be 165, then surely that means it’s just as real as any other weight class.

so why are people yelling at scott coker about this fake weight class.
notice how there isnt a lfa 165 champ or rich franklin crowned a 165 champ or ray sefo saying someone will win 1 million and be crowned there first 165 champ.

i wait i know it not a real weight class. it all got started from gsp and conor fan boys.

How did he look bigger? Hes like 1 inch shorter and way thinner, he didn't look big at all. Robbie was way thicker and bigger
He looked fuller - taller (like the ufc and fighters don't lie about their heights) and just generally bigger. At least to me.

He looked fuller - taller (like the ufc and fighters don't lie about their heights) and just generally bigger. At least to me.

I dunno man. At the weigh ins they were face to face and Robbie was taller by like 1/2 an inch or an inch. I don't think Colby looked fuller at all, Robbie looked a lot thicker and jacked, Colby is not nearly as thick.

I mean.. people were accusing lawler of being juiced he was so jacked.

so why are people yelling at scott coker about this fake weight class.
notice how there isnt a lfa 165 champ or rich franklin crowned a 165 champ or ray sefo saying someone will win 1 million and be crowned there first 165 champ.

i wait i know it not a real weight class. it all got started from gsp and conor fan boys.
It hasn’t been implemented yet but it’s just as needed as any of the other current weight classes. It would certainly benefit many fighters.

Why turn mma into boxing with 20 different/irrelevant weight classes?

Less weight classes are needed, not more.

No need to have 7 weight classes below 200 n then only 2 above.

Instead of having weight classes every 10 pounds the increase should be gradual, like every 10 or 15%.

125, 137, 151, 166, 183, 201, 221, 243, 267

Or

125, 144, 165, 190, 219, 251, 289
we are just adding the 165. The 170 becomes 175. It would be nice to have 195,215,225,235 and so on, but the LHW and HW divisions are already empty, no talent there. One day, when people start training mma seriously and we have a lot of heavy fighters, we can introduce those too

It hasn’t been implemented yet but it’s just as needed as any of the other current weight classes. It would certainly benefit many fighters.

it not needed the ufc isnt inventing a fake weigh class cause someone cant win at 170 and cant cut to 155.

1. Usman
2. Khabib
3. Colby
4. Ferguson
5. Poirier

(Usman being ranked higher than Khabib and Colby being ranked higher than Ferguson simply because of their current weight class)

Lol at Masvidal, RDA, Cerrone, Lee... They wouldn't be top10 ffs
No way Usman makes 165.

Woodley??????
I think he can make 165 without a lot of issues. He is quite muscular but doesn't seem like he has issues making 170. I don't think dropping 5 pounds would be that hard. And I think he is good enough to be top 5.

Back