Top five 165 lb. fighters

I mean it would essentially be a division of rejects from 155 and 170. Pettis, RDA, Lee, Cerrone, Perry, Vick, Nate.

Even at 165 I think Ferguson and khabib would beat everyone. Maybe even Poirier.
Khabib has had some bad cuts. I don't think Ferguson has as much issues with 155 but I could be wrong. Also you gotta assume 170 moves to 175 in this hypothetical division addition right?

Askren is a 155er who doesn't wanna drop 8 lbs of fat and cut another 7 of water.
What does that have to do with Askren fighting at 165 and being in the Top 5? Or maybe just outside Top 5 but Top 10 definitely.

Out of Khabib, RDA, Cerrone, Askren, Masvidal, Pettis, Nate, Vick, Chiesa and Lee how would you list that top 5 (Not a fan of Chiesa)? I think Lee isn't done but he probably should look into getting a head coach and not just piecing his camps together...

If I had to guess probably

Khabib
Askren
Cerrone
Masvidal
Lee

I don't think Nate would fight enough to be in the top 5 personally.

What does that have to do with Askren fighting at 165 and being in the Top 5? Or maybe just outside Top 5 but Top 10 definitely.

All I'm saying is 165 is for the guys too big for 155 but Askren really doesn't seem like that, although yeah he could still fit in there.

the best 165 fighters is fake news. your either the best at 170 or 155. how hard is that to understand.
How is it fake news? It's unproven and this a just a what if thread. But no one seems to be reporting about breaking information as if they are factual statements in this thread. Bad opinions? The UFC added woman's 145 and 125. Men's 165 and 175 wouldn't be shallow divisions....

Damn, Kevin Lee may have wanted that division as badly as anyone and now he can't even crack the top 5 on anyone's list he needs to get himself a head coach FFS.
Isn't he setting up with Firas now?

All I'm saying is 165 is for the guys too big for 155 but Askren really doesn't seem like that, although yeah he could still fit in there.
Yeah I it's cool to see him come back even for a random fight with Pettis at 170. I would be surprised if he stayed active whatsoever. Unless it's a statement win and then I could see him calling out Masvidal.

1. Usman
2. Khabib
3. Colby
4. Ferguson
5. Poirier

(Usman being ranked higher than Khabib and Colby being ranked higher than Ferguson simply because of their current weight class)

Lol at Masvidal, RDA, Cerrone, Lee... They wouldn't be top10 ffs

is something that's gonna be made in near future. Its something WE the fans and the fighters will make. dana will be against it for some time and then he's gonna take the credit for it.
we the fans and the fighters are making this sport great, dana is holding it back and taking all the money from it.

hur dur we need a 165 lb grand prix!

How is it fake news? It's unproven and this a just a what if thread. But no one seems to be reporting about breaking information as if they are factual statements in this thread. Bad opinions? The UFC added woman's 145 and 125. Men's 165 and 175 wouldn't be shallow divisions....

it cause the ufcnot inventing a fake weight class that all.

why is

it cause the ufcnot inventing a fake weight class that all.

why is
If there’s several fighters whose optimal weight class would be 165, then surely that means it’s just as real as any other weight class.

If I had to guess probably

Khabib
Askren
Cerrone
Masvidal
Lee

I don't think Nate would fight enough to be in the top 5 personally.
Curious why Lee would be rated over RDA who just beat him rather easily

Same as top 170 since ww division is from 156 to 170

Back