Top catch-as-catch-can/shoot-wrestling practicioners...?

Ok, I have been following these posts b/c after getting my 1st lessons in grappling in a HS wrestling room I am very interested in wrestling "with submissions"...

It seems we may be a little possesive of certain fighters.

Is it possible to have a base in one style, trained in others and grapple differently than your base?

YES!

Also consider that Judoka and wrestlers had been grappling against each other for decades, it is no small wonder why there may be confusion about a fighter when watching them.

There is alot of crossover in grappling and there are things that will appear similar or the same in catch/folkstyle/BJJ/Judo/Sambo

In some cases the style dictates how a fighter may fight, in other cases the temperment of the fighter may dictate how they fight.

I for one AM interested in grapplers that are either catch based or influensed.

Nowadays... when's the last time he trained with Frank Shamrock?

His t-shirt still says Alliance on it. The answer to your question is "I don't know." But he seems to have some loyalty to the Alliance. And he still competes in shoot-style pro wrestling.

Do any of you guys know who Dave Dean, formerly of Michigan State Wrestling is?

He showed me the step-over toe-hold as a way to punish an opponent into yielding the pin during a wrestling camp. In fact, he showed everyone in the intensive camp of '97 the step-over toe-hold.

One of the first submissions I was ever formally schooled on.

The wrestling lineage tree doesn't mention it, but Bobby Douglas' grandfather was a catch-wrestler in the coal mines. Allegedly, the coal miners that wrestled for cash were amongst the tougher ones. Considering how tough Bobby Douglas is, it's not hard to believe that his grandfather wasn't also a hard man. He's the guy who initially taught Bobby wrestling and also inspired him with stories of a ficitional ancestor named Ash.

The wrestling lineage tree doesn't mention it, but Bobby Douglas' grandfather was a catch-wrestler in the coal mines. Allegedly, the coal miners that wrestled for cash were amongst the tougher ones. Considering how tough Bobby Douglas is, it's not hard to believe that his grandfather wasn't also a hard man. He's the guy who initially taught Bobby wrestling and also inspired him with stories of a ficitional ancestor named Ash.
The dude the with chainsaw arm?!

**Edit** BTW Kforcer, the first 5 DVD Kiyoshi Tamura career set (UWF/UWFi) is beyond worth the money. Some GREAT matches! Buying the second part (RINGS/Pride) Friday.

I just got volume 2 of the Akira Maeda DVD in the mail, I like this Maeda way better than the fat one, except maybe when he's against the Russian Wolf, Volk Han.

I want to buy volume 1 now, because the Tiger Mask-Akira Maeda match looks awesome.

What I'd love to see is some young Fujiwara. His submission acumen is so sharp, I'd like to see how it plays out when he was young and ripped.

The dude the with chainsaw arm?!

**Edit** BTW Kforcer, the first 5 DVD Kiyoshi Tamura career set (UWF/UWFi) is beyond worth the money. Some GREAT matches! Buying the second part (RINGS/Pride) Friday.

Where did you buy this from?

Am having trouble getting the Japanese Characters to display when you go to the History and Founder Tabs (at bottom). Instead I'm just getting garbage characters which isn't useful for google translator.

Is anyone else having this problem?

http://www.kiguchi-dojyo.jp/

2246979381_bb533dc693.jpg

2246979381_bb533dc693.jpg

man on top is Santel, notice judoka on bottom is playing open guard

Back