Top 5 wrestlers in each division?

Nurmy Nurmy Nurmy Nurmy and Nurmy cos Dat Dagestani spit hot fire!

HW

Cain
Miocic
Reem

LHW

Cormier
Jones
Glover
Rumble
Bader

MW

Weidman
Romero
Kennedy

WW

Hendricks
GSP
Woodley
Maia
Gastelum

LW

Khabib
Brooks
Chandler
Alvarez
Tibau

FW

Mendes
Edgar
Elkins

BW

Dominick
TJ

Best to worst here. GSP vs Hendricks was a great wrestling war but Hendricks won it in they fight, so he gets to be the dude who have the best wrestling in the division.

The rest I don't think how you can say is better than the other. I think some think Jones is better than Cormier, but Jones wrestling has been stop before.
Didn't kelvin out wrestle Hendricks though?
And not so sure I would have glover ahead of rumble. Phil took glover down a lot and got stuffed 12 times against rumble. Not to mention rumble has fought some high caliber wrestlers at 205 and has only been taken down by DC and DC was 2/7 on attempts I believe. Rumble wasn't taken down by national champions Phil Davis or Jake Rosholt or All-American Bader

Didn't kelvin out wrestle Hendricks though?
And not so sure I would have glover ahead of rumble. Phil took glover down a lot and got stuffed 12 times against rumble. Not to mention rumble has fought some high caliber wrestlers at 205 and has only been taken down by DC and DC was 2/7 on attempts I believe. Rumble wasn't taken down by national champions Phil Davis or Jake Rosholt or All-American Bader

No he didn't, Hendricks got some TDs against him. He won that fight on the feet where Hendricks didn't had a answer.

Rumble barely uses his wrestling though. Still a shame that we get didn't him vs Jones, I think he would be able to stop Jones wrestling and clinch and do good on the feet.

No he didn't, Hendricks got some TDs against him. He won that fight on the feet where Hendricks didn't had a answer.

Rumble barely uses his wrestling though. Still a shame that we get didn't him vs Jones, I think he would be able to stop Jones wrestling and clinch and do good on the feet.
Wrestling isn't about just takedowns, he used it well to take baders back after the sprawl, he manhandled manuwa with it, he took down DC when he was gassed and he stuffed all of phils takedowns. Something glover didn't do.

Khabilov and Makhachev would outwrestle Sherk and Prezeres, and probably RDA when they get physically stronger. Makhachev and Khabilov are both great wrestlers in mma, they have great technique - both better than the guys you have listed (except Khabib), they have been wrestling for most of their lives, I would pick all of them to beat even Sherk and Tibau in freestyle wrestling.

Sherk - doesn't fight anymore
Tibau - is suspended, and he has great takedown defense, but not great offence.

Tibau has amazing takedowns very strong and he took your boy Nurmagomedov down so what's that say also Sean Sherk is still on the UFC Roster you said UFC fighters there you go

Tibau has amazing takedowns very strong and he took your boy Nurmagomedov down so what's that say also Sean Sherk is still on the UFC Roster you said UFC fighters there you go
And what happened when Tibau got him down? Khabib got right back up. Wrestling isn't all about takedowns you know, control and pinning is a big part too. Also, Tibau has probably taken steroids for most of his career, if he can't use his strength to get you down, he can't really do anything.

He used it against Pettis and Gil who's a solid wrestler himself. Eddie uses his wrestling to stay standing, wrestling isn't just takedowns. Eddie has also fought way higher caliber wrestlers and fighters than Dunham.
I know, I have wrestled for a long time lol, I think I know what wrestling is about. But yeah, Eddie is pretty good at using it to control and hold position, but I have never known him to have a strong shot, he may need it one day.

And what happened when Tibau got him down? Khabib got right back up. Wrestling isn't all about takedowns you know, control and pinning is a big part too. Also, Tibau has probably taken steroids for most of his career, if he can't use his strength to get you down, he can't really do anything.

He out wrestle Khabib. Everyone knows that.

Yea well what's wrestling about if it's not about takedowns as far as i'm concerned takedowns and reversals score the most points in wrestling. If you can't score a takedown you're not going to win in wrestling by escaping every takedown your opponent scores on you unless you score a reversal. Khabib couldnt' do shit with Tibau in that fight except throw sloppy wild hooks and hold him against the cage. Oh here comes the steroids excuses lets face it Khabib started crying right after the decision he knew in his heart and his mind he couldn't do shit he was surprised himself that they gave it to him.

5 for every division seems like a lot of work and there aren't even 5 prominent wrestlers in many divisions...

HW -

1. Cain
2. Stipe
3. Barnett I guess?
4. ...edit yeah Rosholt, he's so boring I forgot he existed lol

Is Brock considered a current MMA fighter?

LHW -

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Phil Davis (Bader beat him but it was razor close and I think Davis is better/more accomplished overall. Also I know he is not in UFC anymore but I just wanted to give him a shout out)
4. Bader
5. Latifi?

WBW -

1. Tate
2. McMann
3. Pena
4. Zingano
5. ...

barnett? LOL

This is not a thread about one of the worst wrestlers. The guy has no TDD whatsoever and he is so unathletic that his TDs are easy to block by any fighter with good TDD.

Flw:mm,joe b, makovsky, borg, bagautinov
Bw:cruz, sterling, dillashaw, faber, caraway
Fw: mendes,edgar, lamas,dias,guida
Lw:khabib, Rda, alvarez, porier, iaquinta
Ww:woodley,maia,rory,gastelum, magny
Mw: yoel, weidman, jacare, rockhold, mousasi
Lhw:rumble, dc, jones, glover, bader
Hw: cain, stipe, barnett, ?,?.

I know, I have wrestled for a long time lol, I think I know what wrestling is about. But yeah, Eddie is pretty good at using it to control and hold position, but I have never known him to have a strong shot, he may need it one day.
Seems to me he gets it to the ground whenever he wants to take it there. Can't remember if he shot in on Cowboy or not. Might've been hard with his lead leg busted up. I've always thought the best mma wrestlers are the ones who get it to the ground with little to no effort because they are smooth with transitioning from striking to takedowns and it's about surprising your opponent that's why I think Gus is a top 5 wrestler at LHW because he doesn't force takedowns but when he sees one he's on it pretty quick.

HW: Cain, Barnett, Big Nog, Werdum, Gonzaga
LHW: Jones, DC, Bader, Gus, Rumble
MW: Souza, Weidman, Romero, Rockhold, Dolloway
WW: Woodley, Ellenburger,Gastelum, Stun Gun, Lombard, Maia
LW: Nurmagomedov, RDA, Alvarez, Dunham, Khabilov
FW: Edgar, Mendes, Aldo, Guida, Elkins
BW: Cruz, Dillashaw, Barao, Faber, Assuncao
FlW: MM, Dodson, Cejudo, Benavidez
WBW: Rousey, Tate, McMann, Zingano, Nunes
WFW: Esparaza, Gadelha, Penne, Van Zant, Torres
I like your list, would only change..
HW: Gonzaga for Overeem, Big Nog for Nelson, Barnett for Brock