Top 5 undeserving title shots

I do not consider Chael vs. Jones or, say, Rogers vs. Overeem to be unfair. There were no other contenders for the champion.

Diaz vs GSP and Lesnar vs. Randy were unfair.

WTF are you talking about? how are there no contenders for bones? thats a lie the UFC is trying to sell you...wake the fuck up...hendo is available...he was passed over in exchange for tv ratings and PPV buys...gustaffson just beat shogun...youre telling me hes not in line for a title shot and wouldnt be ready to fight bones in the next few months? thats 2 legit contenders ready to go...when hendo had to pull out of UFC 151 belfort stepped in and bones defended...that was late september...at what point does sonnen even come into the equation??? it would be one thing is sonnen stepped in for hendo but thats not the case...this is no longer a late minute replacement to save an event...that would make sense...this is a premeditated move...it makes no sense other then to grab $$$...this was NEVER about lack of contenders...theres 3 guys that would easily fight bones come april...theyre getting passed over for the bigger payday...

frankie edgar doesnt deserve the title shot vs aldo...lost 2 LW title fights b2b and he gets a FW title shot in his 1st FW fight? completely undeserved...a fight i want to see tho? yup...

Hughes/Gracie was a catch weight bout.

They finally did Royce justice and erased that loss from his record. The fight never even started.

I don't recall the first Yoshida fight ever being on Fight Finder because of the limited rules. It was pretty much a grappling match.

Thanks for the input. I remember Hughes was champion when it happened, but I can't remember anything about being a title fight, so i was confused.

The loss against Howard erased is good for Royce, but it's strange for Howard, because he and his opponent showed up to fight and Harold was declared winner. I'm happy for Royce but that's bad for Howard, even if he won by default.

I thought the first Royce-Yoshida fight was an MMA fight, won't put money on it thought. Thought the issue with it was the issue that the Gracies didn't agree with and "erased" that fight from history

#1 Diaz/GSP: this one takes the cake because
  • Diaz lost his last fight
  • Diaz has 0 wins over a current top-10 WW, and
  • there was an infinitely more deserving contender ready and willing to get the shot instead
The rest in no particular order are:
  • Sylvia/Arlovski 3
  • Sylvia/Couture
  • Jones/Sonnen
  • Lesnar/Couture

Hater's just butt hurt!

Chael vs JBJ is definitely #1, then #2 is Frankie vs Aldo
at least Diaz fought at WW, those two never did

frankie edgar doesnt deserve the title shot vs aldo...lost 2 LW title fights b2b and he gets a FW title shot in his 1st FW fight? completely undeserved...a fight i want to see tho? yup...

I agree with this! The people that are complaining about Diaz vs GSP should complain about this instead

One that nearly made it would've been JDS vs Mark Hunt. So glad that didn't happen.

I think while Hunt didn't deserve the fight it would of been great to watch.

They would have, yes. but that wasn't the scenario. They had their chance for the fight and to step up, blew it. Chael said yes, Jones said no. Event cancelled. Jones fights belfort, injures arm. Chael being rewarded for stepping up. End of story. Don't be butt hurt, the true contenders will emerge. Shogun would have had no shot anyways so i don't know why everyone is crying about that.

I agree while he doesn't really deserve the shot at LHW it really is not hard to understand why he got the shot Dana rewards fighters who are great company men. Chael stepped up when no one else would he gets the reward.

Thanks for the input. I remember Hughes was champion when it happened, but I can't remember anything about being a title fight, so i was confused.

The loss against Howard erased is good for Royce, but it's strange for Howard, because he and his opponent showed up to fight and Harold was declared winner. I'm happy for Royce but that's bad for Howard, even if he won by default.

I thought the first Royce-Yoshida fight was an MMA fight, won't put money on it thought. Thought the issue with it was the issue that the Gracies didn't agree with and "erased" that fight from history

yeah they billed it as a super fight!

and as for royce/yoshida their first fight was a grappling match, royce won the rematch pretty easily ( mma rules) but as it went the distance it was declared a draw.. gracies and their special rules match ups lol.. royce could have had a win on his record.

Surprised Eilers vs Arlovski didn't make the list. He got a HW shot for losing to Paul Buentello.

[insert name of Japanese fighter here] vs Wanderlei Silva

Back