Top 5 undeserving title shots

Zap
i252.photobucket.com_albums_hh21_madtabby66_Online_ObviousTroll.jpg

Chael vs Jones is horseshit! It's the only time I really have thought Dana is losing the plot...

While Sonnen may not have earned his shot in the traditional sense, I can't say it's completely undeserved. When you step up and do what your company asks it's natural to receive some type of reward. Are there people more deserving.....yeah, but like someone above me said, I like that Dana is rewarding Sonnen for being a company man.

exactly, coaches and trainers come up with amazing gameplans to defeat a difficult opponent but the short notice, impulsive fights are more likely to create an unpredictable event.

Isn't the whole Fight anyone, anytime mentality the most entertaining part of this sport?

I'm sure Shogun, Machida and Hendo especially would of said yes to a fight with Jones in April...

Machida asked to fight Jones at UFC 153 instead of 152 so he could have a full camp for his second and ostensibly last shot at Jones. By Dana White's logic, this request meant Machida would have to wait at least a year to fight Jones while two middleweights got shots first. Ridiculous.

Isn't the whole Fight anyone, anytime mentality the most entertaining part of this sport?

I understand that some people like this, but it's not for me. I like when fighters have time to develop intellectually complex game-plans that they then have to implement in the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of the fight.

Without a full training camp, there is no time to game-plan and train that game-plan. And without game-plans, a fight is just two people brawling -- I have YouTube for that.

I understand that some people like this, but it's not for me. I like when fighters have time to develop intellectually complex game-plans that they then have to implement in the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of the fight.

Without a full training camp, there is no time to game-plan and train that game-plan. And without game-plans, a fight is just two people brawling -- I have YouTube for that.

Yeah but I bet about 14,000 people were pretty upset with their empty tickets. Should they have just shrugged it off and watched youtube?

Weird.

From that list, it has to be Chael. Ya ya, reward, w/e, that's not "deserving". GSP/Diaz is kinda odd choice too. Others have said it, but I'll repeat the key things.

He's still a top 5 WW.
His last fight was pretty close.
People want to see it. (which is >= "stepping up for company")

Machida asked to fight Jones at UFC 153 instead of 152 so he could have a full camp for his second and ostensibly last shot at Jones. By Dana White's logic, this request meant Machida would have to wait at least a year to fight Jones while two middleweights got shots first. Ridiculous.

wow that sucks for Machida didn't know this happened.

All Chael said was "Yes" when everyone else said "No". This to a degree merits it but had others said yes, and he got it anyways, well thats a different story. I don't know why people are still not getting that.

Well thats the problem. He didnt earn the title shot, he talked his way to it. Again.

Well thats the problem. He didnt earn the title shot, he talked his way to it. Again.

I'm guessing you are referring to the rematch...

That holds some water, mainly due to the banned substance violation. On the other hand, the first match (which he clearly earned a shot for) was the closest Anderson has come to losing since he last lost. Couple that with the fact that he beat a sound contender in Bisping and I'd say he earned both his MW shots.

I agree 100% about the LHW one though, he didn't earn shit there.

wow that sucks for Machida didn't know this happened.

The whole div is waiting. Gus, Hendo and Machida have all earned their shots. But no no Shael and Vitor must fight first!!

The whole div is waiting. Gus, Hendo and Machida have all earned their shots. But no no Shael and Vitor must fight first!!

Hendo yes, Gus at the time, no. Machida KO'd bader and was 2-3 with his last loss coming via the champ and win over old ass couture. Deserving?............

Hendo yes, Gus at the time, no. Machida KO'd bader and was 2-3 with his last loss coming via the champ and win over old ass couture. Deserving?............

100% more deserving than Chael will ever be.

Back