Top 5 Uncoachable

Gaethje - refuses to learn BJJ and practices wrestling once a week.

DC - throws away game plans and corner advice. His corner told him to wrestle with Stipe going into the 3rd and 4th rounds and he didn't even attempt another TD. He did the same thing against Gus and he said he wanted to make a statement beating Gus with his hands.

Diaz brothers - have been the same fighters their whole career without ever addressing the glaring holes in their games. I have to believe multiple of their coaches have seen these holes and unsuccessfully made attempts to get the brothers to fix them. Been in the game over 10 years and can't check a leg kick. Noice kickboxers with under 2 years of training will check a check because getting kicked hurts even more.

I don’t think Ronda and Overeem are fair to list. Overeem clearly made adjustments to his game late in his career that must’ve been the result of coaching. And Ronda? You don’t become an Olympian if you’re uncoachable.
I think ronda became overconfident and thus, uncoachable

Rumble Johnson. He had a full camp drilling TDD, and keeping it a KB match at range for DC 2. Came out shot a double, gave up mid fight, and retired after the match, to the surprise of his team.

Ferguson
Perry
Woodley
Conor
Crazy Horse

Gaethje - refuses to learn BJJ and practices wrestling once a week.

DC - throws away game plans and corner advice. His corner told him to wrestle with Stipe going into the 3rd and 4th rounds and he didn't even attempt another TD. He did the same thing against Gus and he said he wanted to make a statement beating Gus with his hands.

Diaz brothers - have been the same fighters their whole career without ever addressing the glaring holes in their games. I have to believe multiple of their coaches have seen these holes and unsuccessfully made attempts to get the brothers to fix them. Been in the game over 10 years and can't check a leg kick. Noice kickboxers with under 2 years of training will check a check because getting kicked hurts even more.
Diaz Bros have had the same trainers for most of their careers. Boxing + BJJ and no kick boxing. Nick only kicks because he had some childhood karate classes and thinks it's funny to throw spinning shit. Nate must've gotten some rounds in with Joe Schilling for the 2nd Conor fight, since he actually remembered how to check leg kicks in the second round. Nick just tried to land punches first so they were moving backwards and did no damage. They're from that 2nd gen MMA, where everyone picked two martial arts. They picked BJJ & Boxing while most either chose MT or Dutch Kickboxing and BJJ or Boxing/Wrestling.

HAHAHA!! I love it. A "mod" jumps right in with the fighter bashing. Good stuff.

• No Fighter Bashing - Criticism is fine, but flaming is not. Please note that an unsubstantiated accusation of steroids and PEDs is fighter bashing. In regards to female fighters, posting inappropriate, sexual or graphic comments is considered trolling and fighter Bashing. This applies to their relatives and loved ones as well.”
Calling someone “uncoachable” isn’t a flame, it’s a criticism. That’s like saying someone’s chin is gone. It’s a part of the discussion on an mma forum. If you think the op is too harsh, fine, but no part of what I said is “flaming” a fighter.

I think ronda became overconfident and thus, uncoachable
I just don’t know if that’s really true though. I get what TS means about being surrounded by yes men—she very well may be one of those fighters where the coach has to be all, “You’re amazing champ, great job champ, blah blah blah...”
But to say she’s uncoachable? Whether it was dropping McMann with a liver shot, face planting Bethe, or putting Alexis Davis our on her feet with an overhand right, Ronda’s striking did improve and evolve. She had definite limitations, but I wouldn’t say she’s uncoachable.

This is kind of a dumb OP,most of these are based on heresay and what you like to think is going on.
Thats why im asking opinions, to start, u know, a discussion about mma on the mma forums

HAHAHA!! I love it. A "mod" jumps right in with the fighter bashing. Good stuff.
Crazy how sensitive the world has become. Apparently the pc cancel culture bs is creeping its way into sherdog. Its a sad day. Im clearly asking opinions based on info u can see on any mma media outlet. Im not insulting anybody or making up crazy allegations that nobody has touched upon.
I respect every fighter because of the balls and courage it takes to lead their profession.
Oh but how many "tony is on meth" threads where made when he had his breakdown? How many "reem eats horses"? It kinda pisses me off. It shouldnt, but it does.

• No Fighter Bashing - Criticism is fine, but flaming is not. Please note that an unsubstantiated accusation of steroids and PEDs is fighter bashing. In regards to female fighters, posting inappropriate, sexual or graphic comments is considered trolling and fighter Bashing. This applies to their relatives and loved ones as well.”
Calling someone “uncoachable” isn’t a flame, it’s a criticism. That’s like saying someone’s chin is gone. It’s a part of the discussion on an mma forum. If you think the op is too harsh, fine, but no part of what I said is “flaming” a fighter.

Exactly. Its like criticizing Hondas head mooment, Reems chin or Saku smoking a drinking before matches. Its stuff that has been proven time and again although not accepted as truth. But in no way is it bashing the fighter.

I'd like to put this in the mix....Diego cause his boyfriend won't fuck off and stay in his lane

Conor is up there. Kav straight up says that Conor dictates everything in camp.

Conor is up there. Kav straight up says that Conor dictates everything in camp.

That probably happened at some point. But he also said that after the Diaz loss Cinir became way more disciplined and was doing sverything how they told him.

That probably happened at some point. But he also said that after the Diaz loss Cinir became way more disciplined and was doing sverything how they told him.
Dude I'm quoting Kav from before the cerrone fight.

I'd like to put this in the mix....Diego cause his boyfriend won't fuck off and stay in his lane
I think Diego finally broke up with Fabio. That fruity manlet is supposedly on suicide watch according to those closest to him, wich happens to be Diego, cuz that lil POS has no one close to him

Roy Nelson being told by Trevor Wittman he was uncoachable on TUF was fucking funny

Back