Top 5 Supplements for Muay Thai

MuayThaiAnalyst

White Belt
Reaction score
As Muay Thai athletes, we put tremendous demands on our body throughout training and in the ring. Supplements can play an essential role in your progress by allowing you to train harder and longer and recover faster. They can confer a number of benefits ranging from enhanced endurance, more explosive power, quicker decision making ability and sounder sleep.

These supplement recommendations will differ significantly from bodybuilding mainstays. Muay Thai has very different athletic and metabolic demands. Sport specific supplementation should be focused on improving performance, not just appearance.

Read more here:

Supplements-Featured-Image.jpg

Very good recommendations. I happen to cycle through many of these products frequently. Thought this was going to be another run of the mill protein, creatine, etc.

Only problem I have with the article is all the Joe Rogan brand 'Onnit' plugs. Although these are without a doubt quality products, it seems the use of Joe Rogans name plus the marketing they do makes these products pretty damn over priced.

Here are my recommendations:
Cordyceps - Cordygen5 ($1 a day)
Beta Alanine - No comment
Turmeric - Slice it up and make tea (Less than $10 a month)
Nootropics - Dont buy Alphabrain, do your own research if you want to go this route
Magnesium - Better yet, why not ZMK? ($1 a day)

Pretty good even if some of those suplements are hard to find here hehe except potasium

Aside from taking some PWO now and then, i only take Glucosamine and Chondroitin for my joints. And maybe a proteinshake when i am in a hurry.

You can easy get enough protein from normal meals. But sometimes you just dont got the time.

Aside from taking some PWO now and then, i only take Glucosamine and Chondroitin for my joints. And maybe a proteinshake when i am in a hurry.

You can easy get enough protein from normal meals. But sometimes you just dont got the time.

Nice coming from a fighter as many kids believe protein shakes are absolutely necessary ....

Most supplements are absolutely useless if you eat healthy and sleep enough. Creatine if you want to put on mass, coffeine for energy and protein shakes if you don't get the amount you need from your diet - and that's pretty much it. Don't waste your time and money.

^"creatine if you wanna put on mass" lolwut. It boosts your creatine buffer for marginally improved high-intensity work, it's not trenbolone.

Most supplements are absolutely useless if you eat healthy and sleep enough. Creatine if you want to put on mass, coffeine for energy and protein shakes if you don't get the amount you need from your diet - and that's pretty much it. Don't waste your time and money.

That's not how creatine works, and there are many other supplements that exhibit ergogenic effects (marginal or otherwise) at doses higher than what you would ever get from a normal diet.

LOL my top 5

1 - ZINC

2 - Whey Protein

3 - Deer Antler

4 - Magnesium

5 - Peptides

:D

LOL my top 5

1 - ZINC

2 - Whey Protein

3 - Deer Antler

4 - Magnesium

5 - Peptides

:D

Yes, I agree with you and this is what this site also offers: supplements muay Thai
in my opinion, ZINC is not an important supplement for beginner muay thai fighters

I feel bad for getting home from a 2 hour session at 2300 and having a burger with bacon, cheese in a bagel with a fried egg.

Then again, I never fought at a lighter weight.

I say bad. I don't feel bad.

1. Filtered water with trace minerals added (hydration, trace minerals that body requires)

2. Beef organs (repair organs, skin, bones, connective tissues, injuries)

3. Drink containing fructose, dextrose, caffeine (post workout recovery, replenish glycogen, reduces soreness)

4. Any type of natural sleep aid. Zma, melatonin, valerian root (deeper sleep, better recovery, better energy and cognitive function, higher hormones)

5. Pine pollen extract, preferably in a transdermal form (contains phyto-androgens to raise all male hormones, plus has over 200 different minerals)

Supplements should always be for recovery and repair. Protein should come from food.

Eat greens every day, no exception.
Eat reds every day, no exception.
Eat reasonable amounts of meat (poultry, beef, fish, etc.).
Eat fruits and nuts everyday.

^^^^^^I think that this covers most of it.

Back