3. Brutus 18 ft 4 in
in Australia
main-qimg-3b397354e5613cf8b27955afd5b91313

2. Gustave 19.68 ft
in Burundi
20.jpg

1. Lolong 20 ft 3 in
in Philippines
Lolong-being-measured-by-a-DOST-team-at-the-Bunawan-Eco-Park-and-Crocodile-Rescue-Center-in-Agusan-del-Sur.-Discovery-Channel-Gregg-Yan.jpg

From pictures I always believed Gustave appeared the biggest, what a tank of a croc. On official measurables Lolong was bigger.

Supposedly a 28 foot croc shot by a hunter in Queensland, Australia in 1957.

p0odjiN.jpg

Here is the story behind the photo. It has been contested that it wasn't 28 feet but rather more like 23 feet but that it would be the largest croc ever seen.

In July, 1957, an 8.63 (28.3 ft) metre saltwater crocodile was reportedly killed on the McArthur Bank of the Norman River, Queensland. It was shot by Krystina Pawlowski with a .300 magnum bullet. Since all that she wanted from the crocodile was its belly skin, she had to leave it on the bank to rot because it was too heavy to roll over. Judging from the photograph, I estimated that the crocodile's head was somewhere between 60 and 90 centimetres (2 and 3 ft) long. Even though the crocodile's head looks bigger than what I estimated, it’s actually no more than a metre (3.3 ft) long. Krys and her husband are actually a few metres away from the crocodile's head. Since the ratio of a saltwater crocodile's head to the body is 1:9, I calculated that this crocodile measures somewhere between 6 and 7 metres (20 and 23 ft) long rather than 8.63 metres (28.3 ft). Since this crocodile's remains have not been found yet, it cannot hold the record for the largest crocodile killed or captured.

The largest saltwater crocodile skull recorded measures 75 centimetres (2.5 ft) long with a mandibular length of 98.3 centimetres (3.2 ft). This saltwater crocodile would have measured 6.75 metres (22.5 ft) long when alive. This is probably the largest crocodile ever confirmed.

http://virtualcreationzoo.com/exhibits/reptiles/australian-saltwater-crocodile

This is about the capture of Lolong, I assume the same one in the OP. There is a docu about it but here is a short 3 minute clip that shows when it was captured.

Cool thread! There are some massive ones in the Northern Territory, Aus.

You can go your whole life and never see a shark - but go there and Crocs are everywhere!

That shark is all like et tu, et tuuu?

Gustave is the most famous.
Killed around 300 people in the river bank.

I remember watching a documentary on Gustave, they tried to catch him, motherfucker is smart as fuck.. shit is scary lol

Damn Brutus,

I hate it when they did not free lolong campaign I tried to make an internet campaign to free him I got called heartless and stupid by other people claiming that it will just endanger more lives when released considering it already killed a few children.

Man those "think of the Children" folks are really annoying.

Massive crocs.

Excerpt from a conversation had between a Russian scientist and an Amazonian Indian.

"Tell me," I asked one of the Indians who spoke just a little English, "do crocodiles and anacondas ever attack people?"
"Of course," answered the Indian. "Crocodiles eat women and anacondas eat men."
"Why are they so particular?"
"Over there, look at my second wife," he said, nodding his head at the Indian woman at the river. "She's washing the dishes near the shore. My first wife was doing the same when a crocodile swam up to her, unnoticed, dragged her into the water and tore her to pieces."
"Does that happen often?"
"Often, very often. A crocodile ate two of my neighbor's wives. Many children have been eaten by crocodiles."
"Are you afraid for your second wife?"
"Of course, I'm afraid. But she'll probably be eaten by a crocodile too. She was already attacked once, but she ran away. A woman, you know, must wash the dishes at the shore. If she gets eaten by a crocodile, then I'll get a third wife," the Indian declared, gloomily.

I remember watching a documentary on Gustave, they tried to catch him, motherfucker is smart as fuck.. shit is scary lol

He even looks like he is laughing at them trying to set a trap, "That all you got bro!"

Back