Top 5 Japanese WW-MW of all time

Going WAY back Funaki and Suzuki were pretty good in pancrase. They had wins (possibly worked) over guys like Bas, Mezger and the Shamrocks.
I think they were less evolved mma fighters although great hybrid wrestlers

Where's the love for Minowaman? Although I guess that steel balled fucker could easily be considered a HW based on his legacy.

Didn't even see that. Saku, Mach and Gomi still stand!
Match and Gomi, just like Aoki, stand in a 155-170 list imo. In this case I think the guys in the OP are bigger and would beat them.

The UFC needs Asian Arnold

Huang-Chul-Soon.jpg

He wouldnt even win a body building comp

To disportional ..and weird lats

Who is the guy that fought Rickson in 2000? That guy had a great career

1. Sakuraba
2. Sakuraba
3. Sakuraba
4. Sakuraba
5. Sakuraba

Japan is land of small sized men but still holds a solid list of 170-185 lbers. Maybe top 5 ever by nation?

1.Kazushi Sakuraba
2.Yushin Okami
3.Kazuo Misaki
4.Yuki Kondo
5.Akihiro Gono

From 205 to HW is weak though
hmmm...not gonna restart the Misaki brawl, but Tamura out of your list is puzzlin´... (Funaki too...)

Fujita @ HW had some pretty impressive performances tho...

hmmm...not gonna restart the Misaki brawl, but Tamura out of your list is puzzlin´... (Funaki too...)

Fujita @ HW had some pretty impressive performances tho...

Fujita is far from being a 170-185lber.
Funaki and Tamura were great hybrid wrestlers, but I think the guys listed in OP are better fighters than them.

You mean Misaki is #2? I think Okami was better, and Kondo in his best days maybe too

Fujita is far from being a 170-185lber.
Funaki and Tamura were great hybrid wrestlers, but I think the guys listed in OP are better fighters than them.

You mean Misaki is #2? I think Okami was better, and Kondo in his best days maybe too
I said Fujita @ HW (since ya said: "From 205 to HW is weak though")

Misaki not @ 2, either Funaki or Tamura.

The problem with your list is that it´s not based on accomplishments.

I said Fujita @ HW (since ya said: "From 205 to HW is weak though")

Misaki not @ 2, either Funaki or Tamura.

The problem with your list is that it´s not based on accomplishments.

Funaki and Tamura barely fought in an environment where punches to the head were allowed, particularly in the ground.
And when they did, whether if it was because of age or whatever reason, they didnt do well.

If you dont care about that is ok, its your opinion. But I think any version of both Funaki and Tamura would lose to anyone listed in the OP if rules didnt restrict punches to the head at all.
I see your idol Gono having the more problems against them, because of a matter of size basically.

Fujita was legit for sure. I mean that the top5 ever from Japan at HW would not be as impressive compared with other nations at it is in lighter weightclasses, of course in the smallest ones but also even at 170-185

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back