Top 5 GOAT's, agree or disagree

EDIT: AND THEY ARE THE SAME AGE. How is GSP not laughed at and ridiculed?

GSP has been fighting for 10 more years.

Oh and it already happened (GSP being GOAT). So spare me the "never going to happen" bullshit.

GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
A Silva
Honorable mention
DJ
DC
Cruz
Hughes
Penn

The list is pretty clear and I’m surprised there is so much argument:

1. GSP - most dominant against the best competition. He fought the best guys when they were at their best. Rarely lost even a round. Avenged both losses, brutally.

2. Jones

3. Fedor

4. Silva

5. Aldo

In what order you want to put the following in is subjective, but the following imo are (in any particular order top 5)

GSP
Jones
Silva
DC
Fedor

USADA or not, Athletic commission or not, post fight drug testing or not, we will never know who is on what as most high level athletes are on something. To believe otherwise is naive.

Any list without Anderson
And Jones is ridiculous

In what order you want to put the following in is subjective, but the following imo are (in any particular order top 5)

GSP
Jones
Silva
DC
Fedor

USADA or not, Athletic commission or not, post fight drug testing or not, we will never know who is on what as most high level athletes are on something. To believe otherwise is naive.
100% agree

The list is pretty clear and I’m surprised there is so much argument:

1. GSP - most dominant against the best competition. He fought the best guys when they were at their best. Rarely lost even a round. Avenged both losses, brutally.

2. Jones

3. Fedor

4. Silva

5. Aldo
Is Gsp’s competition any better then jones ? And how was Gsp more dominant then jones , when he lost twice and jones is undefeated ?

Is Gsp’s competition any better then jones ? And how was Gsp more dominant then jones , when he lost twice and jones is undefeated ?

To be fair every single fighter GSP has faced from his first fight on has fought in a major organization and to this day has a winning record. He avenged both of his losses, and has 19 top 5 wins. In my opinion GSP and Jones are tied for the number one spot, but I do believe Jones is the best pure talent the sport has ever seen. Jones on the other hand beat 5 champs in a row and holds two victories over the current HW champion. Like I said they both have a case.

Fedor
GSP
The rest

Have said this before, but GOAT is more opinion than supportable fact. Amongst the GOAT is a more accurate discussion. If I have to limit it to 5 for this discussion taking into account era and accomplishments in no particular order:

GSP
DC
Fedor
Royce
Anderson

Lol at Khabib

1 title defense a guy who hadn't fought an MMA fight in 2 years and before that had 1 fight in the division with a top 10 fighter
Won the title off a guy ranked #11 at the time who had 1 win in the previous few years over Diego Sanchez
Barboza
RDA many years ago before he became champion material
Michael Johnson

Not even close to worthy of GOAT talk. If that's a GOAT resume, than Tony Ferguson is top 5 GOAT too.

It’s whomever you want it to be.

There should be a separate forum for GOAT threads.

Yeah it was. The fact that Jones finished DC and Gus in the rematches brings him real close to GSP in this debate tbh.

But yeah I think GSP beat the better competition, because he fought the guys at their peak and at their best.

I’m not diminishing what Jones did at all. But I feel Machida, Shogun and Rampage weren’t at the peak of their careers when he beat them. Think he would’ve beat them anyway. But the fact remains. They weren’t washed up at all, but just not at their peak. GSP fought guys at their peak, constantly.

Back