Top 5 favorite UFC fighters hardmode

MechMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So here is the rules.
You must give me your 5 favorite fighters with no Champions or fully retired fighters allowed. 1 being your personal favorite and 5 being the last place of your top picks, respectively.
Bonus points if you give reasons. Bonus points if fighter isn't in top 10.

Here is mine.

1) Uros Medic - really down to earth funny guy I have trained with many times and plan to again after I get my vaccine. Both his contender series fight and UFC debut were striking destruction and a ton of fun to watch... He trains at a primarily BJJ place with legit black belts so I am hopeful he wont be drowned on the ground.

2) Jared Cannonier - I have trained with him several times and he is a funny, respectful guy. He is a lot of fun to spar and seeing him take out big names had me feelin surreal.

3) Robert Whittaker - He is just an absolute delight. He plays the same MMO as me (ESO) and I love his attitude. His fighting style is wonderful to watch.

4) Dustin Poirier - He's a real dude, charitable, exciting to watch, good at both boxing and BJJ, he is the fighting style I'd most wish to replicate.

5) Wonderboy - His attitude is infectious and I grew up a Karate guy. He has probably been the most successful UFC fighter in the modern era using his Karate, as Lyoto seemed to abandon 90% of his karate for Muay Thai.

Ex favorite fighters for you to freely judge me... Anthony Pettis, Conor McGregor, GSP (still love him but I am not counting retired for myself), Lyoto Machida.

Cant wait to see everyone's confusion over my #1 ! <3

So here is the rules.
You must give me your 5 favorite fighters with no Champions or fully retired fighters allowed. 1 being your personal favorite and 5 being the last place of your top picks, respectively.

Here is mine.

1) Uros Medic - really down to earth funny guy I have trained with many times and plan to again after I get my vaccine. Both his contender series fight and UFC debut were striking destruction and a ton of fun to watch... He trains at a primarily BJJ place with legit black belts so I am hopeful he wont be drowned on the ground.

2) Jared Cannonier - I have trained with him several times and he is a funny, respectful guy. He is a lot of fun to spar and seeing him take out big names had me feelin surreal.

3) Robert Whittaker - He is just an absolute delight. He plays the same MMO as me (ESO) and I love his attitude. His fighting style is wonderful to watch.

4) Dustin Poirier - He's a real dude, charitable, exciting to watch, good at both boxing and BJJ, he is the fighting style I'd most wish to replicate.

5) Wonderboy - His attitude is infectious and I grew up a Karate guy. He has probably been the most successful UFC fighter in the modern era using his Karate, as Lyoto seemed to abandon 90% of his karate for Muay Thai.

Ex favorite fighters for you to freely judge me... Anthony Pettis, Conor McGregor, GSP (still love him but I am not counting retired for myself), Lyoto Machida.

Uros Medic currently has the same record as Khamzat, in which the record of all wins and all finishes. Although so far he only had 1 fight in UFC, still that looked good.

(Khamzat has 1 amateur fight, 9 pro fights (3 UFC), all wins and all finishes).

1. Mason Jones - Just bleed fighter I've watched come up through the ranks.
2. Ilia Topuria - Ridiculous levels of talent.
3. Mateusz Gamrot - Someone else I've watched a lot outside the UFC and was a fan before he made the move.
4. Warlley Alves - Had a soft spot since TUF Brazil for him, even though he's frequently let me down.
5. Michel Pereira or Bryan Barberena - Two absolute lunatics that I can't decide between.

Uros Medic currently has the same record as Khamzat, in which the record of all wins and all finishes. Although so far he only had 1 fight in UFC, still that looked good.

(Khamzat has 1 amateur fight, 9 pro fights (3 UFC), all wins and all finishes).

That's a really cool fact. Wow!

I think Uros is the better striker but Khamzat is the stronger grappler.

Id like to see both go far. They are super entertaining.

So here is the rules.

Here is mine.

Aren't Whittaker and Dustin champions?

I'm confused.

1. Mason Jones - Just bleed fighter I've watched come up through the ranks.
2. Ilia Topuria - Ridiculous levels of talent.
3. Mateusz Gamrot - Someone else I've watched a lot outside the UFC and was a fan before he made the move.
4. Warlley Alves - Had a soft spot since TUF Brazil for him, even though he's frequently let me down.
5. Michel Pereira or Bryan Barberena - Two absolute lunatics that I can't decide between.

Wow with your top 3, I think you beat me in points! Dont recognize those three. Reccomend your favorite fights by them?

1. Glover
2. Colby (do not respect his gimmick at all but love how he fights)
3. Bobby Knuckles
4. Mitchell
5. idk

1. Glover
2. Colby (do not respect his gimmick at all but love how he fights)
3. Bobby Knuckles
4. Mitchell
5. idk

Yknow, I must be a casual because I missed whatever made people love Glover... im just mad he beat my boy Cannonier.

I despise Colby and Masvidal personally but I will never deny they are super exciting to watch. And Admittedly my hatred for em makes me tune into their fights so I guess they won xD

Which mitchell?

1. Darren Till
Proof that you dont have to be prick to draw attention to yourself.

2. Stiopcic
Geniuinly nice guy, one of the few very well rounded HW. GOAT guy, GOAT HW

3. Whittaker
Funny and tough guy, genuine person, distant from all that MMA shit yet interesting and his fights draw a lot of attention

4. Gaethje
M'fing highlight, how can you not like that.

5. The Sandman
Lanky mf, not a typical BW fighter, and also has all the characteristics mentioned above.

Notable mentions Gustafsson, Bektic, Bryce Mitchell and I probbably forgot someone

Back