Top 5 Comebacks in UFC History

Mir vs Nog II is #1 in my book.

It's one thing to come back with a knockout punch. It's another when your almost ko'd and staying calm enough to come back and submit one of the best BJJ heavyweights in the world whose never been submitted.

There was a point where he went out once, but i think a punch from Pat woke him straight away.

This. I'm not taking anything away from Kongo somehow managing to come back from the dead but that fight should have been stopped. Kongo was KO'd and woken up again by another punch from Barry. It's pretty clear on the replay.

Hell no! You're comparing Koscheck to Anderson Silva?l

The greatest UFC fighter, the greatest MW ever & the current p4p fighter was getting his ass handed to him for 23 mins.
Sonnen dropped him twice and set the record for most landed punches in a UFC fight. The only way Anderson could win is with a finish in which he did with 1:50 to spare.

People must forget how big of an upset this was going to be along with how big of a comeback this was.

The Anderson/Sonnen1 fight was a way bigger fight with way more at stake. Agreed.

But the Fickett/Kos fight saw FIckett pull an even bigger comeback then Anderson did, is my point.

The scenerio was almost the same. Kos was dumping Fickett on his back at will and keeping him there the entire fight and unlike SOnnen, Kos was landing huge GnP the entire fight. Fickett was getting destroyed and on the verge of stopped. Not just on the verge of losing a lopsided decision. Then Fickett grabbed the last minute saving sub and won.

I think you have to give it to Anderson. Not only was the stage bigger but we sat for 4 1/2 rounds before we got to see the comeback which makes it much more satisfying if you're an Anderson fan and heartbreaking if you're a Chael fan(ie Anderson hater).

Silva all day, by as wide a margin as there could be in such a ranking.

Title fight. Formerly "untouchable" champion getting dominated for 23 minutes. Inevitable defeat. Then it happened...

In the 5th round of Anderson's fight there were hundreds of thousands of people screaming at their TV's going apeshit. Kongo could have punched Barry's head clean off and flown away; it still wouldn't compare.

Back