Top 30 Signs You

10. When you turn over in bed at night you are posting your foot and sliding your hips to turn instead of just rolling over.

omfg this is true, i woke up once, performing a hip scape:(

16. You find it fun putting house pets (e.g. dogs and cats) into locks, chokes, and holds.

I do this on a daily basis.. my dogs have all been choked unconcious. lol no no but i do do rear naked and guillotine on them for a second.

Guys, Am I sick?

I constantky hang around my house wearing my Gi and wearing my ear guards ( watching TV, reading a book, talking to my girlfriend)... It's a comforting feeling u know....

I like to put my sister's dog in the guard when I fight with him. He's out of control when you start playing with him. IT's funny though b/c he gets very frustrated once I put him in my guard, cause he can't get out. IT usually calms him down, but as soon as I let go of him he gets rowdy again.

I also do all those positioning things to my girlfriend in bed.

My poor dog, I've put that dog in every kind of choke I could think of. I never put her totally out but still, I feel bad sometimes.

#5 is the truth...BJJ has help me become more fluent in transitioning to various positions in bed...I've even had a girl tell me about 3 months ago...."you're the smoothest guy I've ever been with, you moved without me knowing."

haha

ahahah if im on the bed and i see my girl walk by, i always have a open guard and if shes smart, shed let me pull her into a closed guard...

28. Your Gi has more patches on it than a whole company of Girl Scout uniforms

This one is pretty funy too

Rip Van Winkle said:
#5 is the truth...BJJ has help me become more fluent in transitioning to various positions in bed...I've even had a girl tell me about 3 months ago...."you're the smoothest guy I've ever been with, you moved without me knowing."

haha
hahahahahahahaha

This is a great article. Being a former Taekwondo stylist, and having many friends that do Taekwondo currently, number 18 is the best one.

18. It becomes increasingly difficult to say "so your a black belt in Tae kwon do-- that very impressive," with a straight face.

Hahahaha.

21. You practice chokes on anyone that turns his back to you.

Just the other day, I was playing some ps2 with a buddy and I came back from getting some water and I put him in a RNC. He was sitting on his knees playing so he was just wide open for it. It was so funny, I had the hooks in and everything. He tapped.

7. You are constantly staring at other people's ears while at bars and clubs to see who is a grappler.-yes
17. When you start wanting to test your BJJ skills against big guys at bars and clubs.-yes although im usually one of the bigger guys around
18. It becomes increasingly difficult to say "so your a black belt in Tae kwon do-- that very impressive," with a straight face.-yes
those are the ones i do the most.

21 and 18 deffinetly lmao

also when i'm at clubs or bars, and when i see people i don't like too much, i always imagine myself doing various takedowns and holds on them:(

sometimes when I'm hanging in my apartment I'll pick up my belt from off the door knob and tie it on for no reason at all............

Have to admint that l did Ippon Seoinage on my kids (3 and 5 years old) and the thing is that they loved it. Always surprising my wife (she is at the same weight) with a swift Kata Guruma, plus applied some soft joint locks and chokes on her and now she is sick of it. So l stick with only Kata Guruma. My neighbors must think that l am nuts to walk around in my garden on my hands only. Not training bjj but many of these "bad" habits are there thx to judo.

Now my daughter (3) is practising judo on her sister (5) and the thing is that the little one has groundskills enough to maintain the mount or sidemountpositions. Maybe l shouldnt take them to my training for a while.

4. You are constantly thinking up a new setup or move that no one has discovered just so you "can put your name on it."

5. When in bed with your wife or girlfriend you are doing jiu-jitsu reversals to maneuver her into the position you want.

6. When talking with friends, bosses, or relatives you eye them up and down to see which would be easier to get on them: the armbar or the choke.

7. You are constantly staring at other people's ears while at bars and clubs to see who is a grappler.

8. ONLY when you are explaining a move to a friend do you develop a SLIGHT Brazilian accent.

17. When you start wanting to test your BJJ skills against big guys at bars and clubs.

18. It becomes increasingly difficult to say "so your a black belt in Tae kwon do-- that very impressive," with a straight face.

20. You talk in broken English, even though you're a college graduate.

Guilty. 8 and 20 occur together at times as I find myself instructing in EXACTLY the same way as my former instructor Roberto even though I know what I should be saying in plain English. I guess I just heard it so many times a certain I have now got used to saying and pronouncing instructions in a similar way.

17 occurs whenever someone bumps into me and doesn't turn to signal or say something as an apology in a pub or club. Oh the times I have though of jumping on their backs like Marcelo Garcia and choking the shit out of them.

7 occurs mainly if I know I'm in a bit of a dive, it's handy to know who to hide behind and not to fuck with.

4 happens just out of arrogance I think. I do have my "carousel" mount escape which I hope one day someone will document.

5 has actually been beneficial; minimum effort, maximum effect... handy when you are getting knackered from shagging.

18 happens at kickboxing class. I try to be polite though. It is fucking frustating being told how to kick when I've trained with world champions and I have some person from the arse end of Kent who can't pull of their own kicks clean and with power telling me what I should be doing in terms of technique.

Superbeast, your former instructor is roberto atalla aye?
He was my instructor here for 3 months allong with marcos flexa, my current instructor.

Milan said:
Superbeast, your former instructor is roberto atalla aye?
He was my instructor here for 3 months allong with marcos flexa, my current instructor.
I've read before on the forum he was your instructor. I believe he had problems finding a place to stay and so is continuing his trek across Europe... last I knew ARIS was training with him in Greece.

Back