Top 3 toughest fighters in the UFC?

JDS definitely deserves a mention that guy took a hell of a beating in both fights with Cain and wouldn't quit.

I don't know why people think Sonnen will fight anyone.

He will take any underserved huge money and opportunity fight, sure. give him that.

Honestly I think MMA fans are partially retarded that they think being offered and taking huge opportunities that others have to work so hard and hope to get, is somehow a measure of bravery.

ZOMG that team took a free pass into the World Series or Super Bowl. That is one brave team to step up to that level. lol at mma fans.

Yeah! He get in the cage, but that doesn't mean he is going to actually fight anyone cause he is tough! Sometimes he doesn't even fight!
This is not toughness, it's just another pay check!

Toughness imo should be ranked purely on chin, durability and willingness to brawl with a never say die attitude. In no certain order my top 3 toughest fighters in mma are:
Diego sanchez
Roy Nelson
Matt brown(would have to put him on the list based on his most recent outings

Matt Brown
Maldanado
Sonnen - Hate him but guy will fight anyone.
Thoughts?

sonnen lol, watch his fights against bones and rashad again
---------------
hunto
maldonado
sanchez

Diaz bros are tough mofos! No one can deny that. Sure after many years they are on a quest for higher pay...can't blame em. But in that cage these guys don't back down from no one!

Sanchez..... enough said

Melendez.... dude is a beast that has his will with anyone of his opponents. also isn't afraid to trade w anyone!

Lawler. The man is a complete warrior in every sense of the word. insane KO power and has never been a point fighter.

Jose Aldo. Straight ANIMAL.

Stann and wanderlei Silva .. savages. Complete disregard for ones self.

Cain Velasquez! Total terminator. mentally tough. Will devastate his opponents!

Diaz bros are tough mofos! No one can deny that. Sure after many years they are on a quest for higher pay...can't blame em. But in that cage these guys don't back down from no one!

Sanchez..... enough said

Melendez.... dude is a beast that has his will with anyone of his opponents. also isn't afraid to trade w anyone!

Lawler. The man is a complete warrior in every sense of the word. insane KO power and has never been a point fighter.

Jose Aldo. Straight ANIMAL.

Stann and wanderlei Silva .. savages. Complete disregard for ones self.

Cain Velasquez! Total terminator. mentally tough. Will devastate his opponents!

Good posts I agree with Cain.

In no particular order:

-Junior Dos Santos: The ass whipping he caught from Cain the first time would be enough for this list, but he came back and soldiered his way through a second brutal beat down. Factor in his wars with Hunto, Carwin, and yes even Nelson....that's a lot of stopping power for one chin to stand up to.

-Carlos Condit: The Natural Born Killer thrives in deep water. He performs better in all hell breaks loose firefights that maintain a high pace and a high volume of violence. Condit is one of, if not the best in the world when it comes to downright fucking ugly brawls.

EDIT: I wanted really badly to include Edgar....but the topic is tough guys. Frankie whines and bitches a bit too much to be considered a tough guy. Js.

-Roy Nelson: Deal with it. Roy has had his ass beat from pillar to post more times than I,can recall, but he never stop fighting even when he's getting dominated. Nelson has a kinda heart that you can't teach, he's just a stubborn motherfucker who won't go away. All bullshit aside, the dude is tough as nails.

Sanchez
Vitor
Pettis, dude was taking fights even though he was pegged for a title shot.

Nelson (Werdum, Carwin and JDS whalloped him)
BJ
jds (Cain whooped that ass for like 45 minutes)
Nam Pham (Siver and Hettes threw some beatings on him). Back to back I think.

Toughness imo should be ranked purely on chin, durability and willingness to brawl with a never say die attitude. In no certain order my top 3 toughest fighters in mma are:
Diego sanchez
Roy Nelson
Matt brown(would have to put him on the list based on his most recent outings

You can be tough without a "willingness to brawl". Jones, Edgar, JDS (what he does is not brawling) don't have a "willingness to brawl" and they are as tough as it gets.

Faber and Sanchez gotta be up there

Diego Sanchez
Fabio Maldonado
Edgar/Penn/Nelson/JDS/Fedor

Back