Top 3 Horror Film Icons

Who are your top 3 horror film icons?

• Freddy Kruger (Nightmare on Elmstreet)

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Michael Myers (Halloween)

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • Pinhead/Cenobites (Hellraiser)

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Aliens (Alien film franchise)

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Jaws

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Norman Bates (Psycho)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The Fly

• Pennywise (IT)

• Chucky (Child's Play)

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Ghostface

• Regan MacNeil (The Exorcist)

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Jigsaw (Saw)

• Zombies

• Dracula

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Frankenstein's Monster

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Wolfman/Werewolves

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Mummy

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
tumblr_n241vlKzB01toamj8o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mvjzfbMqWh1sj67gjo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

norman-bates.gif

the+fly.gif

raw

tenor.gif

tumblr_n9fwxcdZ4i1slpaswo1_500.gif

tumblr_oiaf80lODq1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

tumblr_np50oedoQL1rcjg72o5_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n1f316IFHm1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

tumblr_obh513pBCB1re3gzzo3_540.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Gotta be Freddy, Jason & Michael, all of them are still to this day churning out new action figures, t-shirts, movies, re-releases etc

Prince from Slumber Party Massacre 2, the female bounty hunter from Critters 2, and Sybil Danning from The Howling 2: Stirba, Werewolf Bitch.

Great thread. Actually pretty tough especially when you factor in Dracula and Frank’s Monster cause those pretty much epitomize iconic. Literature, film, television, comics, etc. show someone an image of Karloff as Frankenstein’s monster and there’s an extremely high probability he’s recognized.

Still, if we are talking purely film, I think I’d go Jason, Freddy and MM. they really sort of changed the game on what horror movies looked like and they absolutely transcended the individual films in which they appeared. Even if you hadn’t seen a single one of those movies growing up in the late 80s or early 90s, you knew who they were.

Lot of great choices on here though. Xenomorph and great white from Jaws are absolutely iconic.

Prince from Slumber Party Massacre 2, the female bounty hunter from Critters 2, and Sybil Danning from The Howling 2: Stirba, Werewolf Bitch.
In that case I'm going with Cropsy from The Burning, Madman Marz & Linnea Quigley in everything but especially Nightmare Sisters (p4p best bath scene movie history)

Jason and Freddy for top 2. Either Michael Myers or Chucky for #3.

I can't wait for "Freddy vs Jason vs Michael Myers". Coming soon to a theater near you!

dracula.jpg

Gotta be Dracula for my money. There has to be thousands of movies and books with him in them, and he has spawned endless vampiric deriviations. There is nobody on the planet who doesn't know the story.

Its obvious with the first 3 choices you listed.

You have a point, in reality, Dracula/the vampire is a way bigger horror icon than Vorhees - who is just a cheap Michael Myers knock off, but is popular for nostalgia reasons.

Frankenstein and Dracula are no 1 & 2, realistically, but people will pick their favourites.

I like

Leatherface
Candyman and
The Tall man from Phantasm

How's the shoulder man?
Getting better. Getting my stitches removed on Tuesday. First time i get to sleep in my own bed tonight since the accident.

Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster are clearly 1 & 2. 3rd is a toss up but I am picking the one with nards.

Back