Top 3 Greatest Rap/Hip-Hop Albums of all time?

Goretex - The Art of Dying
Kool G Rap - 4,5,6
Dark Lotus - Black Rain

Doggystyle and The Chronic was nothing but degrading women, doing drugs, and black on black crime over G-funk beats but they are two of the GOAT albums in hip hop history. Besides the black on black crime and G-Funk style Em was really no different than Dre, Snoop, N.W.A or any other rapper except he was a white guy rapping about white issues. What was Em supposed to rap about? He was 'white trash' so to speak.
you think he was rapping for all white people, do you? LOL

Goretex - The Art of Dying
Kool G Rap - 4,5,6
Dark Lotus - Black Rain
  1. The Art of Dying would have been a classic.............if had been released in 1999.
  2. 4,5,6 was a classic, but top 3 is a strong statement. I don't think Kool G would even agree. But, I appreciate you digging deep on this one.
  3. Nothing by Dark Lotus is top 1,000. That's rap for the 1% of 1% of 1% of rap experimentalists.

you don’t wanna have sex with your own mom? or make your infant daughter an accomplice to the murder of her mom?
  1. I'm not white.
  2. But, I'm gonna assume white people don't want to do most of that bullshit Em talked about. Records sold because it was Jerry Springer.

literally anything else

Oh yes. Mr. Pitchfork aka "I see a post with Eminem in the title and I must tell everyone how much he sucks"

I get it bro. Em didn't acknowledge when you said what's up to him when he was walking to his car and now you have to slam him every chance you get online. You're like that guy that keeps bringing up and trashing an ex girlfriend he claims to not care about.

I am more Eddie Murphy than Tywin Lannister in the looks department, so I think I'm gonna keep the "brotha" in my AV name LOL
But then you said "Tywin Lannister"......

giphy.gif

1. The Art of Dying would have been a classic.............if had been released in 1999.
  2. 4,5,6 was a classic, but top 3 is a strong statement. I don't think Kool G would even agree. But, I appreciate you digging deep on this one.
  3. Nothing by Dark Lotus is top 1,000. That's rap for the 1% of 1% of 1% of rap experimentalists.

1. Care to elaborate? How does the year of release influence the quality?
2. Might be just my preference, but the production above all else is what makes it my favorite KGR album. Since G Rap is the GOAT lyricist in my opinion, i consider my ranking justified.
3. Fair enough. The ranking of this one is exclusively based on my taste.

Oh yes. Mr. Pitchfork aka "I see a post with Eminem in the title and I must tell everyone how much he sucks"

I get it bro. Em didn't acknowledge when you said what's up to him when he was walking to his car and now you have to slam him every chance you get online. You're like that guy that keeps bringing up and trashing an ex girlfriend he claims to not care about.
you guys are literally making threads and posts about eminem that i’m responding to, as is the entire point of a web forum you nonce.

as i’ve mentioned before, i don’t give a fuck about pitchfork. i just read it. i disagree with their reviews 90% of the time as i do with theneedledrop but i still find it interesting to read/listen to and both of those have given stellar reviews to early eminem albums and i think those albums are absolute trash.

slim shady lp has a couple decent songs, namely “role model”. “kamikaze” got shit reviews from fans and critics alike. i’m not just some random dude talking shit about the guy, it’s a pretty popular opinion

isn’t dark lotus an ICP side project? i’m all set

Ultramagnetic MCs - Critical Beatdown
Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It May Concern...
Organized Konfusion - Organized Konfusion

you guys are literally making threads and posts about eminem that i’m responding to, as is the entire point of a web forum you nonce.

as i’ve mentioned before, i don’t give a fuck about pitchfork. i just read it. i disagree with their reviews 90% of the time as i do with theneedledrop but i still find it interesting to read/listen to and both of those have given stellar reviews to early eminem albums and i think those albums are absolute trash.

slim shady lp has a couple decent songs, namely “role model”. “kamikaze” got shit reviews from fans and critics alike. i’m not just some random dude talking shit about the guy, it’s a pretty popular opinion

Kamikaze did great with fans which is why it went No.1 in like 100 countries despite having no promotion. Revival was a poor album with a lot of promo and it did not do well with both critics and fans which is why it didn't sell too well. And you may not 'work' for Pitchfork but you definitely sound like one of those snobby hipster douchebags who write music reviews. Could have fooled me homie

MC Solaar - Qui Seme le Vent Recolte la Tempete
Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush the Show
Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Kamikaze did great with fans which is why it went No.1 in like 100 countries despite having no promotion. Revival was a poor album with a lot of promo and it did not do well with both critics and fans which is why it didn't sell too well. And you may not 'work' for Pitchfork but you definitely sound like one of those snobby hipster douchebags who write music reviews. Could have fooled me homie
kamikaze has a 2/5 rating on rateyourmusic and a 5/10 on albumoftheyear. both are user ratings on the two biggest music sites for music fans. it’s even worse when it comes to critics. going number 1 in the streaming age doesn’t mean people like it. it means they’re listening to it. that’s it. pretty sure that “watch me whip watch me naenae” song was number 1 on charts as well.

great attitude btw everyone is a snobby douchebag just because they know more than you. what a winner.

Pac - All Eyez on Me
Snoop - Doggystyle
B-Legit - Tryin to Get a Buck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back