Top 2 Featherweights of all time all being counted out.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Aldo is the GOAT featherweight. Max Holloway is probably the second GOAT at featherweight so far.

They both had long winning streaks. But, now they are rather being counted out against two guys who doesn't necessarily have many big wins. Especially, Petr Yan. At least Volk beat both Aldo and Holloway, but that's pretty much it though, though those are huge wins obviously.

Doubt they care if anything it's motivation to prove em wrong

I love Aldo but he's up there in mileage, and should be considered the underdog against someone like Yan.
Max, however, is still in his prime and can not be underestimated. I got Max reclaiming his throne.

Jose Aldo: Wins the WEC title on November 18, 2009. He defended his WEC/UFC title 9 times, and remained the undisputed #1 featherweight until he lost to Mcgregor six years later on December 12, 2015.

Max Holloway: Beats Jose Aldo on July 3, 2017 to earn a #1 ranking at FW, defends his title 3 times (against two over the hill fighters, and one legitimate contender in Ortega), and loses his title in a lackluster performance to Volkanovski two years later on December 14, 2019.

Anyone calling Holloway GOAT at FW is a moron. It's about as moronic as people who were calling Woodley the GOAT at WW.

How are either considered GOATS when McGregor beat the fuck out of both of them without breaking a sweat? With a torn ACL vs Max

Aldo's resume "as a whole" didnt help him vs McGregor, so that excuse is out the window.

The ol' "max has improved leaps and bounds since they fought" excuse is weak bullshit excuse. So McGregor HASN'T improved since then? Lmfao I'd say hes done very well also. Also, why doesnt Holloway get the "beating midgets" line like McGregor has? Hes 2 inches TALLER!!
Just grab your balls and say it already, you dont like McGregor because hes loud, cocky, brash and he has backed it more times than he hasn't, and that's the ONLY reason. You're just to chicken shit to admit.

571dadc12c3b94df40c354c6424528d3.jpg

How are either considered GOATS when McGregor beat the fuck out of both of them without breaking a sweat? With a torn ACL vs Max

Aldo's resume "as a whole" didnt help him vs McGregor, so that excuse is out the window.

The ol' "max has improved leaps and bounds since they fought" excuse is weak bullshit excuse. So McGregor HASN'T improved since then? Lmfao I'd say hes done very well also. Also, why doesnt Holloway get the "beating midgets" line like McGregor has? Hes 2 inches TALLER!!
Just grab your balls and say it already, you dont like McGregor because hes loud, cocky, brash and he has backed it more times than he hasn't, and that's the ONLY reason. You're just to chicken shit to admit.

View attachment 779289
0 title defenses

View attachment 779289
Defending-McGregors-Honor.jpg

People desperately want to hype Max Holloway (and his fucking kid). Got beat up by Poirier and Volkanovski. Defended against Aldo, Edgar - who went on and got smoked by KZ, and Ortega who’s madly overrated.

The problem with Aldo is that he hasn't looked like the Aldo that was dominant during his title run in a long time. Hes also lost the three most high profile fights of his MMA Career (Conor, Max & Max rematch) and he's also lost to the current featherweight champion. So when you think of featherweights while he is at the top of the list all time, he also easily gets forgotten unfortunately. Not to mention he is technically on a two fight losing streak, so it makes sense that he is the underdog.

As for Max, I actually thought he was going to lose to Volkanovski in the first one and scored it for Alexander during. However, I am not counting him out in the rematch. He is a terrific fighter and I expect him to make changes. That being said, I really like Volkanovski too, and I believe him when he says he is going to go for the finish. Its going to be an incredible fight either way and I don't care who wins, I just know it will be fun! But Max just lost to Volk, is also coming off losses in 2 of his last 3, so I'm not surprised he is the underdog, but I would expect the odds to me much closer to a pick'em on fight day.

View attachment 779289
Sorry, but you got an asinine point.

Conor is not even close to FW GOAT since he never defended his belt (one he got from an undeserved title shot, mind you).
Then he forfeited his belt and moved out of the division rather than rematch Aldo.

Oh, and you don't see Weidman being called MW GOAT for beating Silva (twice), do you?
Or Werdum HW GOAT for beating Fedor.
There goes your argument.....

Oh, and BTW, don't like McGregor because he's loud, cocky, brash and he has backed it more times than he hasn't (whatever the fuck you want to mean by that)... and yet NOTHING in this sentence invalidates what I wrote above.

Resumes don't fight resumes

fighters fight fighters

Sorry, but you got an asinine point.

Conor is not even close to FW GOAT since he never defended his belt (one he got from an undeserved title shot, mind you).

Utter nonsense

View attachment 779289
Is Werdum the GOAT Heavyweight? For a long time it was a toss up between Cain and Fedor and Werdum beat both pretty easily.

So having a belt on the line validates him being better than actually BEATING the 2?? Lmao how? If a belt means that much to you, than you can your own you know that right?

Also dont compare Aldo at the time to Silva at the time. Silva was already out of his prime, going 1-7 since the weidman fight ok. Aldo was unstoppable for 10 years, and who wasnt out of his prime at the time. In fact, I believe he has a title bout coming up no?
Point is, you and some other jerk offs are comparing to other fighters which has ZERO weight. I'm not talking about Weidman or Werdum or anyone other than McGregor, Aldo, Holloway. Once you start vs, you lose the argument.
Do better guys
Kid, your lack of any thought makes this argument a pathetic one.
The fact you win one fight does not prove you are better than your opponent.
If that was so, Junior was supposed to beat Cain 3 times, and not take the beating he took.

Aldo is the FW GOAT because he was at the top for years, always fighting the best that division had.
Conor got to the top with A LOT of help from the UFC, finding easy matchups or fighters with no camp.

And fact is: Your point was that beating Aldo puts Conor above him, and when other examples were given, you run from it just like COnor run from Aldo until he lost his belts for it. You, on the other hand, is losing your dignity. for in both cases the humiliation is real.

I have an Aldo/Volk parlay going so I'm not counting out Aldo.

I just think Max has regressed. The 2 Aldo fights tought him he can win with only his boxing. The Ortega fight reaffirmed his boxing only style.

If he doesnt mix it up(why WOULDN'T you spam round kicks to all 3 levels if you're 5 inches taller & longer?) then he's going to get outclassed again. His sub game is underrated too. Hit cub with a guillotine, nearly got Lamas with it, & locked DP into an anaconda choke at the end of the 4th. He just doesn't diversify his attacks enough & that's too predictable for a smart, strong, durable guy like Volk who has the output & cardio to give Max fits.

Jose Aldo: Wins the WEC title on November 18, 2009. He defended his WEC/UFC title 9 times, and remained the undisputed #1 featherweight until he lost to Mcgregor six years later on December 12, 2015.

Max Holloway: Beats Jose Aldo on July 3, 2017 to earn a #1 ranking at FW, defends his title 3 times (against two over the hill fighters, and one legitimate contender in Ortega), and loses his title in a lackluster performance to Volkanovski two years later on December 14, 2019.

Anyone calling Holloway GOAT at FW is a moron. It's about as moronic as people who were calling Woodley the GOAT at WW.

I agree that Aldo is the current goat FW but you can't compare Woodley and Holloway as in Woodley doesn't have two dominant wins against GSP.

I agree that Aldo is the current goat FW but you can't compare Woodley and Holloway as in Woodley doesn't have two dominant wins against GSP.
If Holloway loses his next two fights, does he not become akin to Chris Weidman?

If Holloway loses his next two fights, does he not become akin to Chris Weidman?
Weidman is the 2nd most accomplished MW in the history of MMA, so your comparison actually hurts your argument.

Back