Top 15 Vehicles Owners Keep for 15 Years or Longer

dissectingaorticaneurysm

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
eiytyqzbj4qjxizfpzua.png

Dat 'yota reliability ain't no joke. Hondas have a strong showing here but I've heard their recent cars have plummeted to American levels of quality. Time will tell if they remain on this list in another 5 years.

And here is the list for sports cars:
rjwostartsifowqnbgmi.png

Surprised at this one. Thought the 911 be #1. And the M5 is notorious for horrible reliability.

"My Hoopty"

--MC 2 Broke 2 Buy Different.

Thank you dissectingaorticaneyurism, very cool!

Forester lasting more than 15 years?
..am surprised.

Clicked on thread expecting to see a laundry list of Toyotas

Not leaving disappointed

tenor.gif

The only reason the Landcruiser isn't #1 on this list, is that it's a $90k vehicle--those that can afford it new can also afford to buy a new car more often than necessary.

lmao @ driving a 15 year old car.

Forester lasting more than 15 years?
..am surprised.
First generation came out 1997, and I still see plenty of them around.

Subaru inspires cult like loyalty. Once a Subaru owner, you’ll always go back. I had a Subaru before I joined the Air Force, then went overseas and never needed a car. First car back as a civilian, I wanted a Subaru. My current Outback has saved my life several times now.

To be fair, a lot of those sports cars are garaged at least half the year. I'm willing to bet they are secondary or weekend car... at least in cold climates.

My Honda Ridgeline is currently 12 years old with only 270K EZ-miles on it.

Still have our 2010 Honda Civic since late 2009. We plan to keep pushing it for as long as possible, but I doubt we will reach 15 years. I'm cheap AF though so we will see.

A Chevy Camaro is on that list? I would never imagined that.
I had my first Camaro (2001) for nine years and put 160,000 miles on it and still ran like a champ. I put very little money into that car. I wouldn't have even sold it if it wasn't for people stopping to make me offers on the car. I finally got a decent one and said it's all yours.

I see some Subaru Imprezas and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions here. Are those reliable? I shoulda bought one of those to pretend I'm Fast and Furious.

1) yes toyotas are that reliable,

2) the owners may just be thrifty

Back