Top 10 Pride fighters of all time (1997-2007)

That list is pretty much spot on, I was looking to squeeze Rampage in there somewhere.

Rampage>Coleman/Igor or no???

Gotta give Rampage, Werdum, Barnett and Overeem a little mention, but solid list.

1. Fedor
2. Wanderlei
3. Cro Cop
4. Gomi
5. Big Nog
6. Shogun
7. Henderson
8. Sakuraba
9. Igor
10. Rampage

Who are the 10 best fighters from Pride during its existence? (1997-2007)

Names I thought should be included (in no particular order):

- Emelianenko Fedor (long-time HW champ and undefeated in Pride)
- Dan Henderson (2 division champ)
- Minotauro Nogueira (HW champ)
- Mirko Cro Cop (2006 Pride OW Champ)
- Mauricio Shogun (2005 MW GP winner)
- Takanori Gomi (LW champ)
- Wanderlei Silva (longest reigning MW champ)
- Mark Coleman (2000 GP winner)
- Kazushi Sakuraba
- Igor Vovchanchyn

Honorable Mention: Chocolate L :D

I think you nailed it, but if it were me, I'd switch Rampage with Coleman and call it a day.

That list is pretty much spot on, I was looking to squeeze Rampage in there somewhere.

Rampage>Coleman/Igor or no???

Yes, Rampage had a better run in PRIDE than Coleman or Igor. Coleman did with the GP but he had a favorable road there and outside of defeating Shogun he didn't do much in PRIDE other than lose to great HWs (Nog, Fedor, Crocop)

Just lol at Wand above Hendo, Nog and Shogun. Him and CC don't belong in the same sentence with those guys.

Wand wrecked hendo in their first fight and wrecked shogun in a training camp fight for a dog....

Who are the 10 best fighters from Pride during its existence? (1997-2007)

Names I thought should be included (in no particular order):

- Emelianenko Fedor (long-time HW champ and undefeated in Pride)
- Dan Henderson (2 division champ)
- Minotauro Nogueira (HW champ)
- Mirko Cro Cop (2006 Pride OW Champ)
- Mauricio Shogun (2005 MW GP winner)
- Takanori Gomi (LW champ)
- Wanderlei Silva (longest reigning MW champ)
- Mark Coleman (2000 GP winner)
- Kazushi Sakuraba
- Igor Vovchanchyn

Honorable Mention: Chocolate L :D

Great list and those guys bring back great memories!

Shout out to:

Rampage - He was a huge star in Japan, I would have him on the list
Mark Kerr - who was a big name in the early pride events..
Guys like, Bustamante, Filho, Newton, Ninja were all big names in PRIDE too.

IMO, SAKU was 3rd only behind Wand and the Great FEDOR

1. Fedor

2. Minotauro

3. CC

4. Coleman

5. Igor

6. Wanderlei

7. Shogun

8. Hendo

9. Rampage

10. Sakuraba

Was it Ron Waterman or Tom Erikson who once had the reputation during Pride's early years as the "most avoided fighter"?

Was it Ron Waterman or Tom Erikson who once had the reputation during Pride's early years as the "most avoided fighter"?

It was Tom Erikson actually, i believe in Gary Goodridge's book he states that certain fighters would put it in their contract to not fight him.

Most wins in PRIDE - Wand
Most KO's in PRIDE - Wand
Most title defenses - Wand
03 GP winner
4 year reign as champ

yeah, he most certainly does belong mentioned in the top 3.

Thanks I didn't feel like doing the research to point that out

Just lol at Wand above Hendo, Nog and Shogun. Him and CC don't belong in the same sentence with those guys.

Lol. Its GOAT for Pride. Wand is above Hendo, (they were 1-1).

Fedor. Wand. Saku. Gomi. Nog.

Top 5 to me.

Honorables to Cro Cop, Shogun, Hendo..

Eh?

Wanderlei had 2 of the very best wins in Pride history (over Rampage), as well as other great wins over Hendo and Sakuraba. He also had a long unbeaten run as champ, as well as performing very well in hw fights with Crocop (1st fight), Hunt and Fujita.

IMO, Wanderlei is a 100% lock for Pride top 3 alongside Fedor and Nogueira.

Eh?

Wanderlei had 2 of the very best wins in Pride history (over Rampage), as well as other great wins over Hendo and Sakuraba. He also had a long unbeaten run as champ, as well as performing very well in hw fights with Crocop (1st fight), Hunt and Fujita.

IMO, Wanderlei is a 100% lock for Pride top 3 alongside Fedor and Nogueira.

Yeah I have to agree, the Pride FC fights were arguably tougher imo as well, with tournaments, open weight and pretty tough rules.

Fedor is undeniable the GOAT imo, the weight and height difference, the unbeaten streak and reign of terror.

Wanderlei, such a feared fighter the opposite of Fedors reign of terror, also the wins, his fights against Cro Cop, Hunt etc, the unbeaten streak and general way of fighting to entertain like Maximus.

Nog, just unlucky to be at his best at the time as Fedor was on, honourable fights against Bob Sapp that atm was no small or even comparable fighter to what he later became.

Sakuraba, ended Gracie, fought against all, without weight cutting, (no steroids imo) Vitor and so on. Also fought against way bigger guys and never gave up. Yeah Gracie came back with steroids after he beat the whole family that fought him bur that's just a plump in Royce's legacy.

Takanori Gomi, although there arguably was heavier competition outside in BJ Penn at the time.

Shogun, the record and way of finishes speaks for it self pre-injuries.

Ah, I love to reminisce about Pride FC.

No Dana, superfights all the time, about the fighters, the crowd, the introduction, the yellow card for stalling, 10 min opening round, fight judged as a whole.

Rampage lying in a pool of blood over the ropes after badmouthing his way into fighting Wand the second time after knee after knee (again)

Chute Box Style, the rivalry between teams.

The judges, the referees, the chest camera...did i mention the rules?

K1 vs Pride.

It was all great if not for the Yakuza.

Back