Top 10 Awful American Remakes of Great British Shows

I thought Sanford and Son was better than Steptoe and Son, or at least every bit as good.

American version of the office far surpasses the original in every single way. It is what it is.
Contrarians and patriotic Brits only think the American version sucked. It proved that it held more weight with it's characters, and had a much better, and more creative writing staff than it's predecessor. Not to mention a plethora of extremely diverse people working in the office they could add to any situation. Opposed to the British version where it relied solely on 4 character's back to drive each episode. They were both great, but some don't want to admit it.

Contrarians and patriotic Brits only think the American version sucked. It proved that it held more weight with it's characters, and had a much better, and more creative writing staff than it's predecessor. Not to mention a plethora of extremely diverse people working in the office they could add to any situation. Opposed to the British version where it relied solely on 4 character's back to drive each episode. They were both great, but some don't want to admit it.

It doesn't suck, it is good, but it's very different from the original...I prefer the feel and humour of the original series (which had far less episodes, so hardly the same amount of time to develop the characters). I'm not a Brit so don't have any skin in the game.

In reality TV terms, the US version of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is unimaginably terrible...it is good for a cheesy laugh, but it sums everything wrong with that kind of american TV.

Never really understood why they don't just stick to airing the originals. It's not like there's a language barrier.
because most americans realize how unfunny british "humour" is, so they have to make it actually be funny to air over here. Not that they always are successful

because most americans realize how unfunny british "humour" is, so they have to make it actually be funny to air over here. Not that they always are successful

<36>

American humour is often cringey as fuck. The best stuff that I've seen - It's Always Sunny, Seinfield etc. - has some similarities to British and Irish comedy.

Is there a British version of Saved by the Bell?

Autocorrect error, but on reflection, it’s actually improved it.
Definitely.
42eafd93c3b3ed6b566e7ddbc8ec30d1.jpg

They have TV in Great Britain?
To my surprise yes. I watched this BBC show called Ideal which was fucking hilarious, and a few other ones as well. Check this shit out its pretty damn funny if you get the humor.
5172DWXQDGL._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

I really like their sense of humor, and all these years I thought it was all Benny Hill and Doctor Who! lol

To my surprise yes. I watched this BBC show called Ideal which was fucking hilarious, and a few other ones as well. Check this shit out its pretty damn funny if you get the humor.
5172DWXQDGL._AC_UL320_SR222,320_.jpg

I really like their sense of humor, and all these years I thought it was all Benny Hill and Doctor Who! lol

Great show.

He's really, really good in this show, and I don't say that lightly.

Fair enough. I think I watched half an episode when it premiered and turned it off.

Back