Took time this morning to watch Reyes last few fights

I've never understood people saying he should have lost the first gus fight. It was razor close, and usually in a close fight people pick the guy closest to finishing.

That's what people said about Chris Weidman.
Well, you could say that about a ton of great fighters who end up losing. Buster upsetting Tyson was another one. With a lot of those champs the loss seems to come when they're not taking their opponent seriously. I think Jones can be beat, I think his reign has been pretty long and it can come anyday now. I just don't think Reyes will be the one or that he's taking him lightly. Not saying he can't beat Jones. I always felt a sleeper like Dos Santos might pull it off. That actually almost took place and has happened a lot with guys flying under the radar. The fact that it was a close call so recent leads me to believe Jones will be taking this fight seriously. If he blew through his last fight with ease and was being complacent I think Reyes's chances would be better.

Yeah Reyes is underwhelming as a top contender but where did you get that he's hyped from? Most see it was for it is and that the guy is on top of the heap because LHW is horrible right now.

The only shot he has is because Jones is now past his prime and likely won't survive the year if he tries to defend three times, but yeah.

Well i looked at one single thread and some guy said jones was gunna get koed, and the first five responses agreed, so i concocted my entire premise around that isolated instance of people hyping him. Isnt that what we do here?

Keep in mind, Jon is not the same guy when not surging with PEDs. He just had a close fight with a middle aged 185er.
Agreed. Jones is hopefully as juiced as for most of his previous fights. If hes clean expect a decent contest.

I’m banking on Reyes winning based on nothing else but that it would mathematically make sense if Jones runs into some bad luck eventually. Like statistically it should be time for Jones to lose right? No matter how good you are eventually you run into the wrong punch or have an off-night while your opponent has the night of his life, or some other shit like that.

Makes sense right? Rightttt?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Im banking on Reyes winning on nothing else but that it would mathematically make sense if Jones runs into some bad luck. Like statistically it should be time for Jones to lose right? No matter how good you are eventually you run into the wrong punch or have an off-night while your opponent has the night of his life, and shit like that.

Right? Rightttt?!?!?!?
I was 17 watching Jon dominate the lhw division... I am now 27. Long time indeed, but it doesnt seem like hes taken much damage in all these years

I was 17 watching Jon dominate the lhw division... I am now 27. Long time indeed, but it doesnt seem like hes taken much damage in all these years

I feel ya buddy. I've been cheering against Jones since the Vera fight, have abandoned hope a long time ago.

Jones has been looking far worse since he came back and didn't piss hot. So who knows. He could have easily lost that decision to Santos.

sorry, but i don't believe the greatest LHW the UFC has ever seen WANTED to look like shit. i know he said that exact thing after the fight, and to me, that showed he was trying to make an excuse to why he looked so shitty. even his corner was screaming to take Santos down.

it's like people can't fathom that Jon Jones couldn't take him down "because he took down DC and Gus" but those are different fights at different times in Jon Jones career. "it was a weak attempt" maybe it was weak because he's not strong anymore? but seems like everybody just accepts that Jon Jones WANTED to look like a weak fuck and not be able to takedown a MW with no knees.

in my opinion, he has never looked same after his latest steroid debacle. he looked awesome vs DC and every single fight after that looked shit. even vs Gus, it's just Gus looked more shittier than he did.

yeah, and he could barely beat him striking. i know Dana White said he completely dominated Santos, but if you watch the fight you really think he won the kickboxing fight? why do you think his corner was begging him to take him down? they knew it didn't look good.

you say that the dc and gus fights were at different times in jones' career....the gus fight happened pretty much at the beginning of 2019...that's not long ago...fighters don't suddenly lose their ability to take guys down in a year. and it's not like jones tried over and over to take santos down, but failed...he hardly ever tried.

Nevermind the fact Reyes should be fighting Santos for the belt or Jones should be getting a rematch with Santos, agreed tho that Reyes is not the man to beat Jones.

you say that the dc and gus fights were at different times in jones' career....the gus fight happened pretty much at the beginning of 2019...that's not long ago...fighters don't suddenly lose their ability to take guys down in a year. and it's not like jones tried over and over to take santos down, but failed...he hardly ever tried.
He could have still been juicing in the first part of 2018. He wasn't tested at all for 6 months, then fails his first test of that year in the Summer. They cover it up and make up the pico bullshit and the effect of the steroids would linger for some time, but not for years. The reason he looked so bad since Gus 2 might be directly linked to a lack of steroids. If he fails another test he could get a lifetime ban so maybe he's not taking the risk

He could have still been juicing in the first part of 2018. He wasn't tested at all for 6 months, then fails his first test of that year in the Summer. They cover it up and make up the pico bullshit and the effect of the steroids would linger for some time, but not for years. The reason he looked so bad since Gus 2 might be directly linked to a lack of steroids. If he fails another test he could get a lifetime ban so maybe he's not taking the risk

the only thing lacking from jones is aggressiveness...he's way too conservative...throwing very few strikes...I don't think he threw more than 5 punches against santos....only thing he landed were leg kicks...lets see how he looks against reyes...if he looks like shit again, then we know something is up...but if he comes out and really fights....I think it's more of him being motivated....When jones' fought Osp, he didn't look good at all....but in his next fight, he looked much better against dc....I think he does fight to the level of his opponents....after all this time, I don't think he gets motivated for a guy like santos...so we'll see against Reyes.

Easy fight for jones. This dude has nothing for him. And this is from a huge jones hater.

Back