Took time this morning to watch Reyes last few fights

The FACT that Weidman was able to push him up against the fence so easily is a HUGE red flag. Also seemed to get outmuscled by Volkan Losedemir... Far from a stellar grappler.

This is Jones fight to lose. If he takes his time sitting at range like he usually does he’ll win a decision... if he actually initiates grappling he’ll easily get a finish.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I AGREE WITH YOU

I mean I remember people gave Gus and Santos no chance

Many people thought Gustafsson won their first fight, and I personally thought Santos won his fight against Jones

We'll see what happens on fight night

<Fedor23>

Reyes is still very raw and totally not ready, he has never beat anyone in top 5 LHW, he needs to fight a lot more guys and get more wins, but UFC are just rushing it like they always do. Jones by total dominating an coasting

I get the hype, he's big and athletic. Wish he had more time to develop his skills some more before jumping in there with Jones, but whatever.

What I don't get is how you get such a weird body. Reyes is what like 6'5" and mostly all of that is just torso lmao.

Last edited:
Nikita Krylov is much bigger danger to Jones

Krylov isn't a danger to anyone in the UFC top 10 mate. He's bang average. I have no idea why people think he has a sniff, he got mauled by Jan and Misha Cirkunov for fuck's sake. He's a level or two above can-crusher, with a reputation based on winning in Russia.

what hype? most of us already know Jones tools him with relative ease

Yes, but still hope Reyes knocks Jon's cheating ass out for good.

Last edited:
Jon Jones will lose eventually as most greats do. Personally I think he's already in decline although his strategy and fight IQ is probably better than ever. Maybe Reyes can be Jones' Weidman, catching him and ending his streak, but I don't see a Reyes era or anything. He simply hasn't impressed me that much. Seems like a good but not great fighter, about Oezedemir/Anthony Smith-tier. Most likely for me (as others have said) is a relatively uneventful decision win for a safe-playing Jones.

I really hope so, I'm a bit worried about this match up, Reyes is legit and also have size and decent power but at the same time he lacks of experience and that might be one of the biggest factor why Jones should beat him.

I agree, I think Jon outpoints him 5-0 or takes him out, but hopefully Reyes cleans his clock lol. I have studied the fights and I don't see it, but who knows.

He could possibly fight with Jones at range and Reyes has nice hands, he's also extremely fluid with his kicks and combos

Jones' kicking has been his key to picking apart Gus and Smith. So we now know a rangy boxing centred style isn't the way to force a fight anymore
Reyes is getting rushed to a shot but he's got potential to win a pure striking battle. The big issue I see is it's MMA and Jones is great at keeping people guessing with takedowns and an unreal clinch
Gun to my head i'd pick Jones but I see potential in an upset.

While I'm not convinced it's going to look much different than Jon's previous fights Reyes does bring some good skills.
Guys don't just overextend by themselves. Reyes has good footwork and can cut angles to set up his counter.

Check out the OSP KD/KO

OSP doesn't overextend by himself. Reyes cuts the angle and moves his feet perfectly to set up the straight left.

Similar with Weidman. chris didn't overextend by himself, Reyes is playing off the back foot and his footwork allows him to time the counter.

Granted OSP was gassed and rocked, sloppy and hands down by that point, and Weidman is Weidman, but I feel you're not giving Reyes enough credit for doing the right things.

I'm not saying Reyes is the man to do it. But he's got good fundamentals, nice straight punches, pretty good power. He's also similar in size to Gus.

I just think counter striking is a horrible skillset for a Jones fight, and Jon is always the one keeping fighters on the outside picking his shots. I know plenty about footwork, and that opportunities don't just show up out of thin air, but the circumstances where Reyes looked good in those fights are just not circumstances I see Jon allowing to happen.

While I'm not convinced it's going to look much different than Jon's previous fights Reyes does bring some good skills.
Guys don't just overextend by themselves. Reyes has good footwork and can cut angles to set up his counter.

Check out the OSP KD/KO

OSP doesn't overextend by himself. Reyes cuts the angle and moves his feet perfectly to set up the straight left.

Similar with Weidman. chris didn't overextend by himself, Reyes is playing off the back foot and his footwork allows him to time the counter.

Granted OSP was gassed and rocked, sloppy and hands down by that point, and Weidman is Weidman, but I feel you're not giving Reyes enough credit for doing the right things.

I'm not saying Reyes is the man to do it. But he's got good fundamentals, nice straight punches, pretty good power. He's also similar in size to Gus.

Edit

I've been suspicious about Jones's last few underwhelming performances being the result of his not being challenged. I like Reyes better on the feet than anyone Jones has fought. I hope Reyes at least brings a better fight out of Jones. If not, I hope he finds the knockout. I think it's weak that Jones has taken this route of fighting underdeveloped contenders at light heavyweight, while he's certainly big enough to fight at Heavyweight. If he's not gonna move up and take more dangerous fights for bigger rewards, I'd like to see his "safe" legacy campaign get upset stupidly.

Back