Took time this morning to watch Reyes last few fights

George Carlin

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I don't get the hype, even when he looks good in fights it looks more like his opponents incompetence. People point to his "pin point accuracy" but in almost every case I saw, he was countering against an opponent who overextended. Jon just doesn't overextend. Weidman is also clearly shot... A lot of people on here are thinking he will take rounds from Jon. I don't see that at all, I actually think he will be an easy fight for Jones. No shit talk, I just don't think he's the guy to do it.

Agree. I think he's one of the easier fights for Jones in the top 10.

Why did you take time to do something like that in the morning? Have you lost your job? Are you on sick leave? Please explain.

I don't think he's the guy to do it either.

This fight will show us a lot about Jones and whether he really is on the decline. Personally, I think he shuts down Reyes in dominant fashion and either gets a 50-44 or a late finish.

I don't get the hype, even when he looks good in fights it looks more like his opponents incompetence. People point to his "pin point accuracy" but in almost every case I saw, he was countering against an opponent who overextended. Jon just doesn't overextend. Weidman is also clearly shot... A lot of people on here are thinking he will take rounds from Jon. I don't see that at all, I actually think he will be an easy fight for Jones. No shit talk, I just don't think he's the guy to do it.
I was the guy saying santos would dethrone jones. I don’t see it with reyes. I think his run just hasn’t been enough for me to really swoon.

I don't expect him to win, however I think he stands a better chance than a lot of Jon's previous opponents. Pretty competent striking, he's big, and he's athletic. The biggest concern for me is Reyes grappling and gas tank.

On paper, don’t see this being much a problem for Jones. But Jones has looked a little more vulnerable lately, especially is his last fight. Is he starting to slip up? Who knows. Most likely Jones wins a one sided Decision, but you never know. Guys on dominant streaks like the one Jones is on seem like they’ll beat everybody until they don’t.

yes an easy fight for Jones, Reyes brings nothing special - only a punchers chance

Nikita Krylov is much bigger danger to Jones

Why did you take time to do something like that in the morning? Have you lost your job? Are you on sick leave? Please explain.

don’t you have a period in the morning where you aren’t fully functioning yet and you read the paper or news or whatever to sync back up? Watching fights is a good way to start the day.

While I'm not convinced it's going to look much different than Jon's previous fights Reyes does bring some good skills.
Guys don't just overextend by themselves. Reyes has good footwork and can cut angles to set up his counter.

Check out the OSP KD/KO

OSP doesn't overextend by himself. Reyes cuts the angle and moves his feet perfectly to set up the straight left.

Similar with Weidman. chris didn't overextend by himself, Reyes is playing off the back foot and his footwork allows him to time the counter.

Granted OSP was gassed and rocked, sloppy and hands down by that point, and Weidman is Weidman, but I feel you're not giving Reyes enough credit for doing the right things.

I'm not saying Reyes is the man to do it. But he's got good fundamentals, nice straight punches, pretty good power. He's also similar in size to Gus.

I thought Volkan beat him but there really isn't much else to offer Jones at 205 since he won't move to heavyweight...

The FACT that Weidman was able to push him up against the fence so easily is a HUGE red flag. Also seemed to get outmuscled by Volkan Losedemir... Far from a stellar grappler.

This is Jones fight to lose. If he takes his time sitting at range like he usually does he’ll win a decision... if he actually initiates grappling he’ll easily get a finish.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Keep in mind, Jon is not the same guy when not surging with PEDs. He just had a close fight with a middle aged 185er.

The foil to Jones is what Santos brought, and what we believed Rumble would bring: plodding but resounding power that would dissuade Jones from the clinch. Santos also showed us there is some truth to the theory that Jon's skinny legs are a prime target.

Reyes is a counter puncher with good range and decent power. Not clubbing power that Maretta possessed. I dont think Reyes can keep Jones off of him, and in the clinch, Jones is deadly.

Reyes is not the one to bring him down.

I dont have alot of confidence that Reyes is going to win, but damn I hope he does

Sometimes he fights smart, sometimes its more questionnable.
I like the kid, he has a massive heart, great strenght but this time its Jones.
If Jones comes shy like he did Vs OSP then maybe Reyes has a chance but if I had to put money I'd bet on Jones

i feel like Jones will be a little more focused/motivated for this fight, after the 'close call' or whatever you want to call it against Santos. Bones gets the win

Back